Final Fantasy Network

Final Fantasy Network (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/index.php)
-   FFnet RPG Hack (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   RPG Latest (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=481)

Arkacia 09-08-2005 12:36 AM

RPG Latest

We now have spells available for the RPG. They may look expensive but you only need to buy each one once. After that each spell will cost you a set amount of mp's per use, nothing else :).

Any problems with them, please post in this thread and let me know. We'll be using it to keep you up to date with any changes ;).

Zeromus_X 09-08-2005 12:43 AM

Re: RPG Latest

this question is sorta related to spells...you know how like, certain classes have certain abilities? (like, geomancer controls terrain, alchemist mixes drinks, snipers shoot..) are we going to get those? or are they like , in progress? just wondered... :)

Arkacia 09-08-2005 12:50 AM

Zeromus_X, I'm wearing Learner plates doing all this and am putting bits and pieces up as I discover how to set them up :D.

If I discover that what you are thinking of is possibe, I'll do it, promise :).

Max the Man 09-09-2005 11:21 PM

FFX2.com has an RPG Hack, and it doesn't have any of the Job Skills that I know of... but Idon't know what version it's on

Lyde Lyde 09-10-2005 11:22 AM

Hmmm but is the RPG simpler now? I still don't know how to start a battle, we don't have A.I. bots that we can battle?

Max the Man 09-10-2005 01:16 PM

do you mean a pvp battle? to challenge someone just click "not in battle" and name it and select a password and for a monster battle just click RPG next to your PMs and stuff and click monster arena at the bottom

Lyde Lyde 09-10-2005 08:06 PM

What! What's the password and is my sig better now?

Arkacia 09-10-2005 09:37 PM

The password is whatever you choose. Its put in by the player, not the game as far as I know (have never battled another person, only monsters).

Your sig is fine now. Thanks for fixing it :).

Shaggy 09-11-2005 02:58 AM

Lyde, the password is just something you make up. It then is pmed to the other user you are wanting to fight against. Then you both go to the arean, type in the battle name and password and your in the arena, ready to fight! ;)

Andrew Scaves 09-11-2005 12:58 PM

Okay I don't like to use magic I'm a fighter/warrior. Do we still get gil by posting?

ShadowHeart 09-11-2005 01:59 PM

Yes, you get Gil for posting. 4 Gil per post I think. I'd personally like it if you could also get money for fighting monsters :) And maybe we can hold a Gil lottery that costs a certain amount to enter and some lucky person wins it all ;)

Andrew Scaves 09-11-2005 02:10 PM

When do we get avy's for the RPG since whenever somebody posts a error pick shows up?

Arkacia 09-12-2005 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Scaves
When do we get avy's for the RPG since whenever somebody posts a error pick shows up?

Haven't got that far yet sorry. I've been busy the last few days so haven't had any time free to delve into the RPG. I'll get some more done this week and will definetly look at the avatar problem and see if I can find the solution :).

Coelie 09-13-2005 10:42 AM

Quote:

Okay I don't like to use magic I'm a fighter/warrior. Do we still get gil by posting?
I'm more the archery/magic type ;) it's all in the distance :p

Coelie 09-13-2005 10:48 AM

Sorry for double posting but...I was checking my stuff out on the headquarters and this question came up in my head..."Are we getting other races besides human ??"

Ghost 09-13-2005 03:02 PM

good thinking Coelie, altough I cannot acces RPG hack yet...Coelie showed me the basics of it and it's nice

Arkacia 09-21-2005 04:11 AM

I've just done some work on the itemshop. Now you can have armour and headgear and armgear instead of having to choose between them :).

Will do more work on breaking up various bits and pieces as I work my way through them.

Edit I've just broken the spells up too so you can now have one black (attack) and one white (cure). Will add extra spells within the next few days :).

Coelie 09-27-2005 11:22 AM

I got a few questions, When do we get gil for killing mosnters and my 2nd question = Why do monsters for like lvl 10+ give so little exp and that lvl 8 monster give you 200

Coelie used his Butterfly Sword to deal 206 points of damage. Training Bot tried to dodge, but was not successful. Training Bot has died!!

Zeromus_X 09-27-2005 08:42 PM

nooooo!!! i was hoping no one knew about the grendadors...theyre awesome! they give like 200 exp! i looked through the list, and i didnt see a monster with that much exp for a while. but yeah, i wondered about that too.

add on: now i am a chocobo jockey :D

ShadowHeart 09-28-2005 05:45 AM

How did you think I got to level 14? :D

Arkacia 09-28-2005 09:26 AM

I'll fix that little grendador problem tomorrow. Noticed it a while ago, but forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me folks :D.

I haven't seen any way to allow gil to be given for killing monsters sorry, and I did look. If I do find a way I'll let you all know but for now, consider it impossible.

Zeromus_X 09-28-2005 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arkacia
I'll fix that little grendador problem tomorrow.

oh well... :p

add on: also, what does the limit % bar do? its never gotten to 100% for me...just wanted to know:)

Arkacia 09-29-2005 09:26 AM

Grendador problem has been fixed. Sorry all, its only worth 5 exp points now :p:)

I'm not sure what the limit bar does to be honest, but I only fight the occasional monster while testing now so still have a lot to learn about those sort of bits of the RPG. Am too busy trying to make sense of the behind the scenes stuff at the moment and am concentrating mainly on the itemshop. When I get that far and figure it out, I'll let you know ;).

ShadowHeart 09-29-2005 09:54 AM

Well, I guess that means I won't do any more monster battles ;) I need over 1000 exp to reach the next level, and the most I can get per fight is 8.. that's 125 battles for one level.. or 250 if you fight the easiest monster. That's just.. not worth my time :p

And while we're at it fixing "glitches".. you may want to fix the Cotton Robe. It's the cheapest armor, 200 Gil, yet it has by far the highest defense rating (800, 4 times the 2nd best). I'm guessing it's supposed to be 80, not 800 :)

Arkacia 09-29-2005 10:18 AM

Hmm, I didn't realise that about the amount of points needed to reach experience levels. Maybe instead of just lowering one monster, I might look into making the exp rewards a bit fairer for all of them, as in putting them all up a bit. Haven't really looked at the monsters yet, sounds like its time to do a full edit check :).

It will have to wait until tomorrow though.

I'll take a look at the cotton robe too ;).

Luis 09-29-2005 06:49 PM

Why not giving Gils when winning battles as in Final Fantasy?

Arkacia 09-29-2005 07:06 PM

As I said in an earlier post, I don't think its possible to do that. Haven't seen any way to give gil for monster battles sorry.

Rorschach 09-29-2005 11:09 PM

After looking at the forum about the RPG Integration Hack v3.0, it doesn't seem like there are abilities yet, maybe in 4.0

Shaggy 09-30-2005 12:54 AM

I will look for the newer one when it comes out and let you all know when we decide to upgrade to it.

Rorschach 09-30-2005 12:58 AM

According to the forum it says late 2005.

And I ahd an idea for the abilities,
Maybe what you could do is, with every post you get EXP,Gil, and another form of points, then, in the shop, there would be spells and abilities, and you would use the other form of points to buy your class specific abilities, I'm not sure how you would do it so it uses up PP points, as in the battle menu there is only Use a Spell,Fitsts,or a weapon, and no other mode, but maybe something could be added, not sure.

Totorosama 09-30-2005 07:07 PM

Nice idea. It would take a while to incorporate though. Also, what class are you?

Rorschach 09-30-2005 08:11 PM

Gambler.

Totorosama 10-01-2005 07:32 PM

Gambler? What's that?

Arkacia 10-02-2005 04:58 AM

Can you guys please take the conversation to another thread :).

Its just a bit off topic here.

Arkacia 10-02-2005 05:50 AM

I've just played around with the amount of experience monsters give after a battle. Things are a bit more generous now. If anyone thinks I've been a bit too generous, please tell me :).

Arkacia 10-03-2005 07:56 AM

Just added a few wind spells and fixed the cotton robe problem.

I think things are just about done now, as far as I can do them.

I'll keep reading up on this though and if I find things I've missed, I'll add them then :).

Keep the questions and requests coming however. There is always room to improve the RPG and if what you want can be done, it will be ;).

Totorosama 10-03-2005 06:36 PM

Is it normal that we get 4 gil for every post instead of 2? Or is it some level up thing, because I used to only get 2 gil for every post.

ShadowHeart 10-03-2005 06:56 PM

It's supposed to be 4 Gil per post. That was changed quite a while ago actually :)

Arkacia 10-03-2005 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Totorosama
Is it normal that we get 4 gil for every post instead of 2? Or is it some level up thing, because I used to only get 2 gil for every post.

Ssshhh, don't say that out loud. Someone may hear you and change it back :D.

I didn't change it, but Shaggy may have. Anyway in my opinion 4 gil is fairer than 2 so just enjoy the extra. I'd give 10 per post myself but I'm an old softie :).

Totorosama 10-03-2005 10:48 PM

By the way, do you know anyone whose gotten those multi-thousand gil weapons? It's probably going to take someoen a LOOONG time to get those.