Final Fantasy Network

Final Fantasy Network (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/index.php)
-   Serious Discussion and Debates (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Would you still listen to their music? (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3964)

Seyluv 12-13-2009 02:50 AM

Would you still listen to their music?

Ok, i know some of you may not know me, or kinda have a guess who i am if you an old member.

Anyway...i've a really big question to asked.
This forum always gave good advice...so i thought i asked.:(

Say if your favorite musician really did bad. Is is a bad person. Would you still listen to their music? Even though everyone you know too disgusted to listen to his/her voice.

I know music matters over a person..but what if it so bad that someone like this, music doesn't really deserve to be appreciated or listen to again.

rissole25 12-13-2009 02:59 AM

Re: Would you still listen to their music?

Well...It depends on who the musician is, and how much you like them. But I guess really its personal preferance that matters.

Seyluv 12-13-2009 03:11 AM

Hmmm...i'm still confused xd.

rissole25 12-13-2009 03:26 AM

Hehe...Actually what i wrote doesn't make sense either. Um when you say bad, do you mean a bad performance? or did something bad like drugs?

Seyluv 12-13-2009 03:27 AM

Bad like say they raped someone, many many times.
And go after underage girls....a pedo.

rissole25 12-13-2009 03:33 AM

Oh.......well..no i don't think I would listen to them again. But I wouldn't really know since I've never been in that situation before.

TherathxRikku 12-13-2009 04:26 AM

What a person does doesn't change anything about them, the phrase, "black mark on record" doesn't mean anything to me. My favorite artist is Chester Bennington, he is also my idol, he's also done a lot of drugs and he drinks excessively, he tends to be abusive to people he knows, but that doesn't change the fact that he's an AWESOME singer. I find it hard to hate someone, so I could still listen to Linkin Park's music till I died.

Same with my other idol, Hyde. He's a natural wacko, but he's still got a heavenly voice, and one of the few men I actually admire in a fangirl way. lol

Seyluv 12-13-2009 04:32 AM

Hmm i think about it.

What you say, seem right?
I know my friends, especially my best friend will hate me if i listen to him again. Haha.

Of course one thing about him, is i won't ever hear any new music from him. Since well his career is over and he may spend a long while in jail.

TherathxRikku 12-13-2009 06:33 PM

Forgive and Forget, even if the law doesn't see it that way. :P

Leon 12-23-2009 02:20 PM

MEH!

n m sayin it proudly

wouldn't support teh musician liek buyin their stuff, but would still listen to teh music anytime ;)

TherathxRikku 12-23-2009 06:01 PM

I'm having a difficult time readin' your Engerish.

clief101_ 12-24-2009 04:29 AM

if u like the music then listen to it. it shouldnt mater who sings it. a song is not the person, rather a story. qusition is, do u like listening to the 'stories' he's telling u.

if a convict were to come up to u and tell u a story, it would mean the same as though someone else was saying it. what im saying is, it dusnt matter wat he did, or who he is, if u enjoy it, then keep listening, u shouldnt have to follow the croud

Seyluv 12-24-2009 07:38 AM

I decided to still listen of course i still don't know if he did it yet.

But still listen either way. :)

TherathxRikku 12-24-2009 08:22 AM

That's a good metaphor, clief, gotta remember that.