Final Fantasy Network

Final Fantasy Network (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/index.php)
-   Final Fantasy X (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   The sphere grid (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19)

twiztidclown 06-17-2005 11:05 PM

Re: The sphere grid

i liked it because unlike in the other ff's everybody can learn everything in the other ones like VII (which is my fav) you vave to go look for matiera to teach anyone anything i thaught it was a great idea

Dark_PsycherV28 07-19-2005 07:37 PM

Which sphere grid,the normal or the expert one : P ? the sphere grid rocks.It gives you enormous flexibility,keeps you very busy,and makes it harder to max chars than just kill kill kill kill hack slash killing monsters everywhere.Though you have to do a lot of that too.I think i was near the games end in 45 hours?Then it took me 100 hours in order to max my chars,get all celestial weapons and kill all Dark Aeons and Penance.The trick is first maxing the grid as it is.Nothing helps more than the Don Tonberry AP trick to that :cool:

Xartex 08-20-2005 08:32 PM

it was a fun change from the normal levels but too much time... i've a game on around 100hours and i might continue that save som day.... if i can be bothered... but it is so much time

Lionheart250 08-25-2005 03:08 PM

The Sphere Grid is awesome once you fight the King Cactuar inside the Battle Arena, becaus ewhen you fight him till' he runs away you get bunch of sphere grid level. So all you need to do is have Yuna on your team and with her life and phionex downs just keep on pressing traingle, execpt when someone dies, then you have to phionex down or life them.
And wait until he runs away and your sphere goes outta the ground. Anyways, if the sphere grid was dumb I would be saying, what crap was that game!!!
So just to say it, it was pretty awesome once you get used to it.

Ac][d-FyrE 08-28-2005 12:32 AM

i reacon the sphere grid was oki, but if u wanted a gd custom char 2 suit u the complex grid was the wai 2 go

Lunatic Pandora 09-19-2005 09:22 AM

The sphere grid was the best character advancement system to that date. It allows you to shape your characters into whatever you want. Who said a mage has to hit for 153 melee damage? Enter the sphere grid....

Totorosama 09-28-2005 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunslinger
The problem i had with it was that once evryone was maxed out they were all exactly the same.....unlike 9 where all characters have very unique abilities.

I agree. At the beginning and for players who aren't hard core, it works fine, but if you really push it, you can have all the characters having the same skills and stats, which isn't that fun. But all in all, I think it's a fair system, one that doesn't completely rely on weapons, which is more realistic.

leviathan's flare 11-06-2005 11:24 AM

ei! it was confusing at first but when you really know how to go around the sphere grid it as "easy as pie!" i really i like it was a breath of fresh air for me because it was the cliche of leveling up! you know! it was bit of a challange though... and still not finished with the game!!^_^

leviathan's flare 11-06-2005 11:26 AM

ei! it was confusing at first but when you really know how to go around the sphere grid it as "easy as pie!" i really i like it was a breath of fresh air for me because it was not a cliche of leveling up! you know! it was bit of a challange though... and still not finished with the game!!^_^

leviathan's flare 11-06-2005 11:30 AM

if you really want your charachter to be different with each other don't max out the sphere grid!! joke!!

ShadowHeart 11-06-2005 12:32 PM

Please use the "Edit" button in the bottom right corner of a post when you want to add something to a thread shortly after posting, instead of making a completely new post. Thanks.

水草Cloud 11-08-2005 08:59 AM

I think sphere grid is quit very good.It's the best system in the history of FF.Do you wanna Yuna to be a thief or Tidus to learn white magic?.....The sphere grid will help you to realize it

Max the Man 11-08-2005 03:00 PM

I got everyone but Kimhari to master most of the skills on their sphere grid... right now Tidus is being a white Mage, Kimhari and Yuna a thief, Rikku a black Mage, Lulu an oracle (Wakka's sphere grid) Wakka a samurai, and Auron a rougue!

Frost 11-14-2005 05:23 PM

I love the sphere grid. It's unique and fun to work with (Until I move the wrong way and have to waste s.levels on getting back to the right spot). I also had fun giving Auron 400HP in a matter of minutes. :)

LoKuS 11-16-2005 02:49 AM

It's good.