Final Fantasy Network

Final Fantasy Network (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/index.php)
-   Final Fantasy I - IV (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Best Class/Job of the Old FF's (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3952)

Malboro 12-07-2009 10:57 AM

Best Class/Job of the Old FF's

If you tally them up, there were alot of job classes in the older Final Fantasy's. But what was your favorite?

Thief was mine.

TherathxRikku 12-07-2009 08:35 PM

Re: Best Class/Job of the Old FF's

Thief and Red Mage. Thief was just cool all around, and Red Mage could fire lower versions of all the spells. ^-^

Malboro 12-07-2009 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TherathxRikku (Post 121316)
Thief and Red Mage. Thief was just cool all around, and Red Mage could fire lower versions of all the spells. ^-^

I think thats why I ended up ignoring the Red Mage. It was an inferior class compared to Black and White. Then again...I didnt explore the uses for them too much, so I may have missed out.

rissole25 12-07-2009 10:20 PM

Thief.

Red Mage was kind of a mix of every class together. Decent Attack power and they can use White and Black Magic.

TherathxRikku 12-07-2009 10:30 PM

It's more useful than one of each Mage and then only having two slots for powerhouses.

Malboro 12-08-2009 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TherathxRikku (Post 121331)
It's more useful than one of each Mage and then only having two slots for powerhouses.

I guess you're right about that one. But because the older FF's only allowed so many of the same level magics per mage, a red mage was too much of a tossup of what to get and what not to get.

rissole25 12-08-2009 11:59 PM

Haha yea. I hated in FF1 you could only chose 3 out of the 4 spells available.

Especially Red Mages. 3 out of 8 spells available mostly. If I have a Red Mage though, I usually get 1 White Magic and 2 Black Magics on them.

Malboro 12-10-2009 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rissole25 (Post 121360)
Haha yea. I hated in FF1 you could only chose 3 out of the 4 spells available.

Especially Red Mages. 3 out of 8 spells available mostly. If I have a Red Mage though, I usually get 1 White Magic and 2 Black Magics on them.

lol I had mine in reverse most times. Black, Black, White.

TherathxRikku 12-11-2009 01:22 AM

True, 'twas TRULY annoying. -_-

pazliberty 01-09-2012 09:44 PM

i wuld say it is classed as metal in the game. if u go in there with any metal then wen u go into a battle, that character cant do anything. he doesnt even get a turn. the exception is yang, coz he's strong enough to use his claws