Final Fantasy Network

Final Fantasy Network (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/index.php)
-   Serious Discussion and Debates (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Global Warming (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=538)

Phoenix Flame 01-25-2008 02:17 AM

Re: Global Warming

How do you guys think we should deal with fuel economy? Go hydro-electric? Just hydro? Create a new type of engine and fuel source to power it? = 3

Doctor 01-26-2008 12:46 AM

Maybe we should invent an entire new vehicle. Or we could all just ride bikes, or use motorcycles...SOMETHING that isn't as harmful to our planet as those big gas-guzzlers.

But the main problem with cars is the fuel...we need to find a new fuel source as quickly as possible--we can't live off of underground oil forever. We're going to run out eventually, even if it takes another hundred years or so for it to run out.

Maybe we could just go back to horses and carts. It may end up that way--you never know.

Leon 01-26-2008 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doctor (Post 111413)
Maybe we should invent an entire new vehicle. Or we could all just ride bikes, or use motorcycles...SOMETHING that isn't as harmful to our planet as those big gas-guzzlers.

But the main problem with cars is the fuel...we need to find a new fuel source as quickly as possible--we can't live off of underground oil forever. We're going to run out eventually, even if it takes another hundred years or so for it to run out.

Maybe we could just go back to horses and carts. It may end up that way--you never know.

Not that I'm an expert about the subject, but I recall reading diverse news every few days about new ways to reduce fuel consumption and/or alternating it. Examples ranged from hybrid motors (part electirc/ part fuel dependant), organic fuel (refined from plantations), and I recall japan manufacturing a completely solar depending prototype vehicle which can go a maximum of 8 hours without sunlight.

Additionally, I believe that Africa's energy resources will suffice the world for much more than 100 years (more likely a millennium) seeing that so many countries -such as Somalia- are literally floating over undiscovered oil.

But yes, somehow I share the same belief that before the world will end mankind will -forcefully- go back in time.

Phoenix Flame 01-26-2008 10:00 AM

I am in partial agreement with the Somalia...other contries w/undiscovered oil...but still - with all the polution that comes out of gasoline-powered vehicles, it means a LOT more to the environment that we stop using these types soon. Not only will we deplete the suppy/ozone, but the destruction that may result from the wars to supply our economies will be HELL. 'We need oil - your country has it - WE'RE gonna take it.' O__O

I kinda like the Chevy Volt concept car - but (essentially) its still dependent on fossil fuels (last I checked it takes coal to power generators and make electricity, right?!) Oh well....Solar might be the way to go. Unless we can figure out a garbage/sh*t powered engine. =3

froggboy604 06-08-2008 12:36 AM

I think it caused by solar events like the sun heating up since the temperature of the sun is not constant and also caused by humans.

I also notice a lot of `green` products are being advertised these days, so global warming can be a way for more people to buy more green products.

Spiff 06-17-2008 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Flame (Post 111396)
How do you guys think we should deal with fuel economy? Go hydro-electric? Just hydro? Create a new type of engine and fuel source to power it? = 3

Here's an interesting source of fuel that could be a some future use.

I also like the idea of hydrogen fuel technology, but I'd have to research where the energy came from to create the hydrogen.

Phoenix Flame 06-17-2008 02:57 AM

Hydrogen is a great fuel source...and there's enough of it in the universe to go around. = 3

Hydra 06-17-2008 06:16 PM

Lol.

We're too addicted to oil.

The only way we're going to stop using it the way we do is for it to be gone.

And by the time that happens, the Ozone layer will be ripped a new one. xD

I'd like to see solar-powered cars.

Which some people use, but aren't mass produced, I don't think.

Edit:

I have the answer.

Horses and buggys.

=D

Phoenix Flame 06-18-2008 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hydra (Post 116059)
Lol.

Edit:

I have the answer.

Horses and buggys.

=D

XDDD;; that made me LOL too. =3

SelahJadenCaldwell 04-28-2010 02:03 PM

yes its natural .. and also a serious matter