Final Fantasy Network

Final Fantasy Network (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/index.php)
-   Sports Arena (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Football Fever (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1173)

Luis 06-11-2006 09:55 AM

Football Fever

Hello everyone!
World Cup started few days ago, and I'm loving it!!(This ain't McDonald's campaign!! lol :p) Not in other countries... not in other cultures... (well, except in some south american countries and a few european ones XD) but here in Spain, football (or soccer as the americans say) makes the people live with passion, enjoy the weekends, and have 90 minutes to forget about daily matters and day-by-day problems, in order to be merged in this amazing show, this intense game....
And now, I've came to show you an incredible team, which has the best fans in the Spanish League (Valencia fans passion is well known here in Spain).
This is my team: Valencia C.F.
Enjoy the World Cup, whoever wins it!!
I LOVE FOOTBAL!! :D:D
PS: For those who do not know it(probably most of you), Valencia players wear white or orange shirt now, with black shorts (there're old images as well, in which they wore blue shirt too). Enjoy the video!

Sephiroth v.2 06-12-2006 08:51 AM

Re: Football Fever

Soccer is not my favurite but i watch it sometime ween i dont got any game or cards, darts or anything else to use or do!

Luis 06-12-2006 09:13 AM

That's fine!! I do not watch it always either, but what I mean is that it's really good to see how a sport can make different poeple to join together in order to enjoy the match!!

Sephiroth v.2 06-12-2006 09:15 AM

oh i see yupp they relly are teams in my school only that ones who are good gets the ball :(

Suhiro 06-13-2006 07:27 AM

Here in Croatia football isnt a sport its a passion, a way of life...football fans here in Croatia are so addicted to the sport that they`re as known as the well known English Hooligans...

Luis 06-13-2006 08:28 AM

That's fine... if they do not behave as Hooligans.
One thing is the passion, but another one is to behave violently.
I guess you didn't mean violence, did you?
I'm very proud of my team, though it couldn't get the Champions in several finals, it got the Spanish league, the UEFA cup, and some more recently.

Suhiro 06-13-2006 11:21 AM

nope...didnt meen the violence...but the passion

Zerlina 06-13-2006 07:24 PM

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Korea won today!

And yesterday tyhe U.S. got mowed into the ground! Yeah!

Zeromus_X 06-13-2006 07:29 PM

Isn't it awesome? :p

Zerlina 06-13-2006 10:10 PM

Bwahah. I was buying a sandwich and talking to my friend. He wants Italy to win (cause he's Italian) but I want Korea to win (none of my countries are playing, so I'm rooting for Korea). Anyway we came to the agreement that as long as the U.S. loses we're both happy. Lmao and then the sandwich guy hi-fived me!

Suhiro 06-14-2006 08:04 AM

Croatia lost against Brasil...too bad since Kaka got that goal over our mistakes...but the whole game Brasil couldnt do a damn thing to us...they were clueless as to how to reach our defense..i think Croatia has show the world what its made of and that it can compare even with the best of the best...

ShadowHeart 06-14-2006 04:22 PM

Yeah, was a very nice game by Croatia. I'm really enjoying this World Cup so far (besides the crappy opening by Sweden of course..)

Luis 06-14-2006 06:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Spain 4 - Ucrania 0
Xabi Alonso, David Villa (plays forward in Valencia C.F. :p) and Fernando Torres have scored. Villa did it twice. The performance of Spain has been amazing!!!!!!
Ok Spain, that is the way!! LET'S GO FOR THE WORLD CUP!!!!!!!!!! XD XD
Photo of David Villa after scoring:

Kat 06-17-2006 11:22 AM

i feel left out on this page..........................i went for the U.S.

Zerlina 06-18-2006 01:19 AM

Ewwwwwwwwww The U.S. played like dogs today. It's like watching the first game in Shaolin Soccer (against the team where they would pull wrenches out of their shorts and start clubbing everyone).