Final Fantasy Network

Final Fantasy Network (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/index.php)
-   Hardware Heaven (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Urgent Help, Please Help Fast! (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2044)

John Smith 12-04-2006 07:00 PM

Urgent Help, Please Help Fast!

My other computer just stopped working and started making a strange sound, as if you were recording a dead person's heart.

When I restart it or shut it down and back on, it starts the beeping again.

Please help, my mom needs to use it URGENTLY! :'( :eek:

Staircase 12-04-2006 07:04 PM

Re: Urgent Help, Please Help Fast!

Umm. I'm gonna need more info. What happens when you turn it on? Does it work, or is it just the annoyance of the beeping.

John Smith 12-04-2006 07:08 PM

Just the beeping. I've checked all the cable connections, but it's everything alright. Also, it doesn't have internet, so it can't possibly be a virus :'(

Staircase 12-04-2006 07:11 PM

Are you 100% sure that the beeping is coming from the INSIDE of the computer? Or is it coming from elsewhere.

Xartex 12-04-2006 07:11 PM

Eh, not a real comp guy but from wich part is the sound coming from? like the cd, the floppy, harddrive or whatever?

John Smith 12-04-2006 07:12 PM

I am 100% sure that it comes from the inside of the tower.

It comes from either the disquette harddrive or the middle of the tower, I can't be precise, because they are almost together :S

Staircase 12-04-2006 07:17 PM

Hmm, it is hard to tell you how to fix it, or why it is in the first place, since I'm not actually there. Try unplugging all unnecessary components like Speakers, printer, anything in the usb drives. Just keep the main things needed to use the computer in it. Then try turning it on.

Also, did your mom or anybody do anything prior to the beeping that could have caused it?

John Smith 12-04-2006 07:20 PM

No, she was playing Mahjohng.

I'll do that right away. I'll be back in 5 minutes or less...

John Smith 12-04-2006 07:25 PM

Ok, I've tried that (sorry for the double posting), but it is still beeping. I've unplugged everything from the tower, except the "feeder" cable (well, duh!) and the monitor cable.

IT'S STILL BEEPING :mad: :'(

Staircase 12-04-2006 07:30 PM

Was she playing Mahjohng on a CD? Because with my computer if i have a cd in the drive for too long it goes insane with noises.

Other than that i cant really help you, I wish i was there so i could troubleshoot, but I'm not. (I fix computers for a living, so I'm usually good at this stuff). Try to call whoever made your computer and ask them.

John Smith 12-04-2006 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Staircase
Was she playing Mahjohng on a CD? Because with my computer if i have a cd in the drive for too long it goes insane with noises.

No...

Staircase 12-04-2006 07:41 PM

*sigh*
Im really sorry i can be of any help, hopefully you can figure it out or find somebody to help. My last idea is that it could be a hardware malfunction, but i dont wnat you to go jumping to conclusions if it is just somthing simple. Is there any pattern to the beeps?
Example: One short, and three Long beeps.

John Smith 12-04-2006 07:49 PM

*Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep* *Wait a couple of seconds* *Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep*

That's the pattern. And goes oooooooooon and ooooooooon and oooooooooooooon.

Uh-oh, my dad arrived. He's angry now. He says that he's gonna call a technician from the firm he bought the computer from, but I'm pretty sure that it's something on the hardware. The monitor doesn't receive any kind of sign from the tower :S

My hero Squall 04-05-2007 11:38 AM

OMG, ok, I know this post was AGES ago, I was just reading it to maybe get some handy info but ended up laughing so hard I fell over backwards, well done to Staircase, you were great with the whole customer service thing, but if a PC is making noises, its not going to come from the CD or USB or whatever, if the noise is going to come from the tower its not going to be where it comes from, its the sequence of the noise that will tell you problem almost immediately. I can't remember what the site is that has the sound sequence as I haven't used it in a while but if you google it you should find it.

ADVICE FOR EVERYONE, IF YOUR COMPUTER MAKES WEIRD BEEPING NOISES WHEN YOU START HER UP, RECORD THE SEQUENCE OF THE BEEPING AND IF YOUR A COMP NERD MAYBE THE PROBLEM IS FIXIBLE OTHERWISE IT'S WHAT THE COMP TECH WILL NEED TO KNOW WHEN YOU PHONE THEM TELLING THEM YOUR COMP IS CHUCKING A SPAZ...

Thank you, thank you very much!

John Smith 04-06-2007 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by My hero Squall
Thank you, thank you very much!

LOL!

The computer was fixed in the Monday after! :p

It turned out to be something with... well, something! I don't remember! :p

Anyway, it didn't turn out to be as serious as I thought and it didn't need to get reseted! =D

Thanks anyway, My hero Squall! :D