Final Fantasy Network

Final Fantasy Network (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/index.php)
-   General FF Discussion (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Favorite Final Fantasty plotline. (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=527)

Totorosama 09-30-2005 07:02 PM

Favorite Final Fantasty plotline.

My personal favorite would be X's, even though I've only played VII-X and my favorite overall is IX. X's story just really got to me, though. It's a tale of sacrifice and courage even though you know you won't make it home.

Rorschach 09-30-2005 08:13 PM

Re: Favorite Final Fantasty plotline.

FF5 for me, even though we all know 7 is going to win....

Totorosama 09-30-2005 10:44 PM

Actually, should we keep this thread? It might be the same as the one above..

Rorschach 10-01-2005 01:22 AM

Mmmmm...kind of the one above is more of a general poll...I say we keep this one..

Zeromus_X 10-01-2005 01:30 AM

hmm...i'll have to think about this one...the problem is, some of the older nes games dont have a very developed story...well, that is, compared to the newer ones :)

but im gonna vote for ff4, as it was the first ff game i ever played, and beat, and the story and characters i will always remember. the story wasnt underdeveloped, yet wasnt too complex.(did that make sense?) so ill vote for ff4.

Rorschach 10-01-2005 01:48 AM

I LOVE THE OLD SNES ONES!!!
Dude...I just started playing Chrno Trigger....good times, good times :)

Zeromus_X 10-01-2005 03:14 AM

chrono trigger....*drools*...don't forget to play ff 4 & 6! (2 &3, they were released as, outside of japan.) those may be hard to find, though...but yes, you should at least play through ff4 once :)

ShadowHeart 10-01-2005 04:34 AM

I actually went for FFX.. kinda strange I guess. FFX is far from one of the best FF games in my opinion, but I just realized that the story really is about the only thing in the game I have never complained about or thought negatively about at some point. There are a lot of things I don't like about FFX, but the story really is good.

Totorosama 10-01-2005 07:30 PM

Maybe we should also add a favorite music, mini-game, or other polls that are specialized. Maybe favorite character all-time...

Tydo 11-06-2005 06:45 AM

Well yea i gotta say FF7... Everything on that game just worked for me... i even almost creid when aries died :( why did she have to die!! *weeps*

Totorosama 11-08-2005 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowheart
I actually went for FFX.. kinda strange I guess. FFX is far from one of the best FF games in my opinion, but I just realized that the story really is about the only thing in the game I have never complained about or thought negatively about at some point. There are a lot of things I don't like about FFX, but the story really is good.

Kind of the same here.

TO TYDO:
I would advise keeping the sig smaller, especially the pic. I'm not sure if the admins will like it. Just a word of caution. If they say okay, though, then it's okay. But that's a rheotrical remark. So was the last. Eh...

Frost 11-14-2005 05:26 PM

I really got into Final Fantasy 8, though I like 7 and 10 aswell.

Gumdrop 11-15-2005 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tydo
Well yea i gotta say FF7... Everything on that game just worked for me... i even almost creid when aries died :( why did she have to die!! *weeps*

Me too, on both accounts. The character develpoment was really good, I think it had a lot of people getting atatched to their characters so much that they cried or almost cried at the death scene.

Avathar 12-10-2005 06:33 AM

Final Fantasy VI beats the rest when it comes to the plotline.

1. FF6
2. FF7
3. FF8
4. FF10
5. FF9
6. FF3
7. FF2
8. FF1

Phoenix Flame 12-14-2005 11:02 PM

I have to say that FFVII hands-down has the best plotline with FF X a close runner-up.