Final Fantasy Network

Final Fantasy Network (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/index.php)
-   Final Fantasy X (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   The sphere grid (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19)

darkshadow2247 06-05-2006 11:16 PM

Re: The sphere grid

i loved the sphere grid idea. after my characters got a little developed and i saw how their stats balanced out, i actually spent an evening on the sphere grid mapping out their courses. everyone's "personal" skill grid ended somewhere and then you had to intrude upon someone else's. i intermixed mine to match their stats. my party was unstopable :P

Hydra 06-06-2006 10:46 AM

lol...I just went along with it until I beat it. It was a pretty unique idea. :D

Seyluv 06-24-2006 09:02 PM

It is a cool and easy way to learn abitilies. Plus you can chose which one to learn.

Phoenix Flame 08-03-2006 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by empresscrystal
It is a cool and easy way to learn abitilies. Plus you can chose which one to learn.

...and which you do not want to learn. You never...ever need full-life. So other than stat-maxing, I don't ever bother removing all the Lvl 4 sphere locks around it!

I will change my original argument though. (several pages ago I said that stat maxing gives your characters the same feel and, other than the animation, everyone hits for the same damage, has the same defense, speed, abilities, etc (except Yuna w/summon and overdrives of course.)

But now - after a fresh dose of X in my system, I really enjoy the beginning of the game through to the Omega Ruins because everyone is unique. Wakka's accuracy makes him ideal to give a deathstrike weapon to. Yuna can be either a medic, a white mage/sorcerer/theif/tank... Auron is just a brute. Their personalities match up well with their specific sphere grids and that's a-ok w/me.

X has offically passed up VII in my book as my favorite rpg of all time. And that was not an easy thing to admit to ;)

dappa 10-23-2006 08:48 AM

I think the spear grid is cool. I have just defeated the sanctuary keeper and I have yuna and lulu as thieves. My kimhari is currently down tidus's grid and I have yuna, rikku and auron stuck on their spear grid because I have no level 3 locks.

Kat 10-23-2006 07:17 PM

lol,i like the sphere grid now that i understand it :D
it's kinda fun,that sad thing....it took me like 2 months to get the hang of it ^_^"

Spec Highwind 10-23-2006 07:52 PM

The Sphere Grid wasn't bad... but now that I learned the Bare job secret in FFV... It rulles!
FFVII's materia system was great, too...

Yggdrasill 10-24-2006 11:54 AM

The best ability system I think was FFIX's, I liked how each piece of equipment provided a different ability.
I didn't like the Sphere-grid at all because it took me a while to get the hang of it.

dappa 01-23-2007 05:48 PM

One good thing about the sphere grid (especially the advanced grid) is that you have to really work to build super strong characters. Whereas other fantasys all you had to do was just level up til you got to level 99.

I liked the possibilities that the expert grid offered

blackstar 01-25-2007 11:50 AM

I thought it was very innovative but honestly I was not a fan of X or X-2 so I never got very far. But yes I did like it.

Doctor 01-25-2007 04:30 PM

I loved the sphere grid. I thought it was an interesting way to develop your characters. However sometimes I found it difficult to find the right spheres I needed, and I would go on for ages with characters who couldn't advance because I couldn't get an enemy to drop the right kind of sphere. That was the main annoyance factor in the system. XP

dappa 01-26-2007 09:58 AM

The lack of fortune spheres did my head in. Unless you want to bribe fiends insane amounts of gil.

Phoenix Flame 01-27-2007 02:47 AM

Who did you bribe to get fortune spheres...I thought you could only get them by fighting the bosses in the monster arena? :confused:

Kat 01-27-2007 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reasoniamalive
Who did you bribe to get fortune spheres...I thought you could only get them by fighting the bosses in the monster arena? :confused:

good question AND good point

Now my turn...i still can't find any Level 4 key-spheres >.<
my Yuna has 99 Sphere levels and i can't move her cuz i need a lv4 key-sphere for what im after its kinda annoying...

Hydra 01-27-2007 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kat
good question AND good point

Now my turn...i still can't find any Level 4 key-spheres >.<
my Yuna has 99 Sphere levels and i can't move her cuz i need a lv4 key-sphere for what im after its kinda annoying...

You can bribe two for 196,000 gil from Chimera Brains.