Final Fantasy Network

Final Fantasy Network (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/index.php)
-   Final Fantasy Tactics / Tactics Advance (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Why do you like FFTactics? (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3178)

Phoenix Flame 09-21-2007 07:39 AM

Why do you like FFTactics?

I like it because ALMOST every battle is a challenge. From the first random battle on, most of the game you have to stay on your toes, try to think several turns in advance and think strategically. This game is not for those of us who have a hard time focusing. Sure, there's a really GOOD storyline, but when you are getting teamed-up on by 6 chocobos and a mindflare, things can go South REAL quick. You SHOULD save before and after every battle, you never know when there's a party of 6-8 dragons/black or red chocobos/behemoths/marbols around the corner. Not to mention if you make a mistake with the job system.

= D

I've been playing this game TOO much lately. I'm going to try and give myself/my PS2 a breather for a week. In the mean time - how many of you out there who've played this game, love it - and why?

Max the Man 12-28-2007 11:20 PM

Re: Why do you like FFTactics?

I'm a sucker for Strategy RPGs xD (I'm an NIS America ADDICT. Can't get enough of nonsensical SRPGs)

But I like it too because when you get a new character it's not a pain to level them up xD

All you have to do is give them good armour (in the original >.>;;) and they'll level up in no time

Zeromus_X 12-29-2007 12:15 AM

It's fun, a bit more challenging than most FFs, and has a nice story. I'm playing the PSP version now, and I'm also enjoying the new localization.

Doctor 12-30-2007 04:14 AM

Ah, Tactics...

The storyline...the depth and meaning of the plotline and the characters...the battle system...

Tactics was my first strategical RPG, and one of the biggest challenges I ever got out of any game. The game's brilliance still strikes me today, and I can't wait until I can get a copy of the PSP version (I've been saving up for one.)

So I suppose there are many reasons why I like Tactics. Why I ADORE Tactics. X3

Phoenix Flame 12-30-2007 05:59 AM

M'kay...well after you're done finding yourself in FF1 on the PSP, you can buy Tactics and THEN let me borrow it...m'kay?! = d

J/K =( I would really like to play this game soon - but can't. (No PSP, new apartment, wedding - planning).... D='

I say the list of what you DON'T like about Tactics would be a lot shorter than why you DO like it. Eu gosto muito! = D

Griever 12-30-2007 05:11 PM

I like it because it makes you think, as Phoenix said before. If you don't plan ahead and stratigize accordingly with the situation, you could find yourself reloading your file really quick like.

I also like the fact that in order to use items, you have to train as a Chemist and learn the proper skill for every item; as opposed to other final fantasy games where you can use them freely as long as you have some stocked. It makes it a bit more of a challenge in my opinion. (Not saying it isn't annoying sometimes)

I love the challenge of trying to steal weapons/armor/etc from bosses such as Wiegraf, Elmdor, Balk, etc. I will admit I have gotten frusterated trying to steal from them and failing many times, and having my thief ganged up on, and having to revive him/her 56836954769043643 times but I think that's part of what makes the game as fun as it is.

All in all, a great game! ;]

Lucavi86 01-04-2008 06:45 PM

I agree. I have so much fun trying out new strategies in Tactics. Most of the other games are fairly well set into what you are suppose to do with each character where as Tactics, everything is up to you. Your party is entirely set up as you want it to be. You don't have to a be a Knight. You can be a Samurai, a Ninja, or a Black Mage. It takes the Final Fantasy series to a whole new level. :) Thats why I love the game and have beat it some 30+ times.

Doctor 01-08-2008 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucavi86 (Post 110137)
I agree. I have so much fun trying out new strategies in Tactics. Most of the other games are fairly well set into what you are suppose to do with each character where as Tactics, everything is up to you. Your party is entirely set up as you want it to be. You don't have to a be a Knight. You can be a Samurai, a Ninja, or a Black Mage. It takes the Final Fantasy series to a whole new level. :) Thats why I love the game and have beat it some 30+ times.

Wow...that's a new record. XD;;

Got War of the Lions...besides the technical problems, I'm adoring how they re-translated the dialogue, and the new voiced cutscenes...but they kept true to the classic, and that's what I like about this version of Tactics the most. =3

Ewen The Knightfall 07-24-2009 06:04 PM

hi new here thought i'd post on my favorite of all ff games.

i love fftactics as many as you said every battle is a challenge. you always have to look at your enemys first and see what they have. i think it is a million times better then ffta and a2 because it is harder, and you need to be careful. but my greatest joys in it is cloud and the lancer class. i never get tired of this game because i just 2 vs everyone with ramza as a lancer/squire and cloud as solider/timemage

Phoenix Flame 07-26-2009 04:42 PM

Welcome!

Yeah. Great comments. Time Mage + just about anything owns though. ^ ^;