Final Fantasy Network

Final Fantasy Network (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/index.php)
-   FFNET Announcements (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   A new spin on an old idea (all members please review!) (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3482)

Phoenix Flame 12-21-2007 09:09 AM

A new spin on an old idea (all members please review!)

*Casts Life2, Life3, Hastega, Aura....whatever else is teh gewd* x 3

M'kays, so I was thinking about the IRC - since we were talking about how we could improve the site, lure more members in, keep current members happy...AND post more in the forums...and I brainstormed up an idea! ^^ I need your opinions on it to see if we can make it happen. Who knows, maybe THIS idea won't work, but it will spark a change that will get us into high gear. = x

The following is a copy + paste from my conversation with Hydra:

Jake says:
It's iffy. If we get an IRC chat, people would want to use it immediately.
Jake says:
Not have to work for it. o_o;

Jonnie says:
But if you impliment something like the system I outlined it wouldn't matter that much.
Jonnie says:
People would still have to post...but each post gives them enough credits to chat for 5 minutes.
Jonnie says:
We'd have more modding to do...because more people would post nonesense....but STILL
Jonnie says:
I think its worth a shot.
Jake says:
Well, if you put it that way.
Jake says:
It's awesome.
Jonnie says:
SRSLY?
Jake says:
We'd actually have to get off our butts.
Jake says:
And not just ban bots.
Jonnie says:
._.
Jonnie says:
I dun leik bots
Jonnie says:
I liked having quarrels between members better.
Jake says:
And where do credits count in. Do they count in Spamtastic? 'Cause it'll be easy to get them there.
Jonnie says:
Remember the Gackt days
Jake says:
yeah.
Jake says:
Mmhmm.

Jonnie says:
OHOHOH....and the Ark/Brooke fights
Jonnie says:
==D
Jake says:
Oh, yeah. XDD

Jonnie says:
No spam...no off-topic.
Jonnie says:
Every FF section, SS&D
Jake says:
No spamtastic and no Forum Games.

Jake says:
Everywhere else is credible?
Jake says:
:3

Jonnie says:
We could make a new section for helping peoples with homework, life events, advice....I dunno what else - but they could count thar too.
Jonnie says:
*creditable
Jake says:
No, I meant credible when I typed it. XDD

And yeah. Luis suggested something like that earlier. But just not those subjects. XDD
Jonnie says:
I'm going to make a post about it.

So, to reiterate: We'd have an IRC - people would post and, instead of getting gil/post like we had prior to the update, members would receive credits....or simply gil - to spend on different things, INCLUDING the IRC. You would only receive credits/gil when posting in a non off-topic/spamtastic sections. There would be no bank (ideally....or maybe we COULD leave it - I dunno...most of this is shooting from the hip anyway.)

So what does everyone think?! Could it work - should we try it?

Spec Highwind 12-21-2007 09:11 AM

Re: A new spin on an old idea (all members please review!)

I totally agree!

dappa 12-22-2007 12:21 AM

This sounds like a brilliant idea, I love irc and am a irc addict, roll on I say.

I love my mirc software too.

blackstar 12-23-2007 02:21 AM

Sounds great :) I vote yes.

Phoenix Flame 12-23-2007 05:20 AM

So far - sounds pretty positive. I expected it would be. ^^; We'll just see what Shaggy can do w/the software 'er...whatever. = D

Hydra 12-23-2007 12:42 PM

I can ask my buddy about adding the chat.

He made a Vbulletin forum the other day, with the new update (not our new update, but you get it. ;]), with a chatroom and all.

'Course, that forum was scrapped the other day for logical reasons, but if no one can get a chatroom up, I know someone who can.

Just a last resort thing. :3

Zeromus_X 12-23-2007 01:25 PM

I'd love an IRC channel. :)

Shaggy 12-23-2007 08:26 PM

why irc?

Zeromus_X 12-23-2007 10:11 PM

Allows the members to chat about anything without having to use the spam forum, is a nice addition to the forum (another forum I inhabit has an IRC channel, and it's pretty popular over there), and couldn't really hurt anything.

blackstar 12-24-2007 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeromus_X (Post 109712)
Allows the members to chat about anything without having to use the spam forum, is a nice addition to the forum (another forum I inhabit has an IRC channel, and it's pretty popular over there), and couldn't really hurt anything.

I agree with you on that.

Doctor 12-24-2007 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeromus_X (Post 109712)

Well...what would be the point of having a spam section, then? =P I would say, either have one or the other, BUT, it's not my descision..all I have is my opinion.

I don't completely agree with this idea, but everyone else seems to love it, so I can't stop it from happening. I guess I just don't like "chatting" as much as the rest of the modern world. X3;

So...go for it.

blackstar 12-24-2007 03:10 PM

Well the spam forum would still have it's purpose for like the fan clubs and extended conversations and our like role play crazy stuff but IRC will be useful just if your on with other people so both I believe still have their purpose.

Doctor 12-24-2007 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackstar (Post 109774)
Well the spam forum would still have it's purpose for like the fan clubs and extended conversations and our like role play crazy stuff but IRC will be useful just if your on with other people so both I believe still have their purpose.

I see your point, there. I guess only certain topics can be carried out in spam, and just chatting in general would be left to the IRC...

So yeah, I guess it would be okay. This forum needs more attention, and an IRC chat would do just the trick. ;]

Avathar 12-26-2007 08:14 AM

I don't see why we haven't started an irc.chat already, it's no rocket science! :B

irc.acidchat.net , #ffnet ? :-D

Phoenix Flame 12-28-2007 06:22 AM

*beginsbeggingandgrabsShaggy'srobe*

PLEASEOPLEASEOPLEASEOPLEASE!!! PLEASE CAN WE HAVE AN IRC....OR SOMETHIN?!

= B

XD~