Final Fantasy Network

Final Fantasy Network (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/index.php)
-   General FF Discussion (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Power levelling (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3079)

dappa 08-19-2007 12:54 PM

Power levelling

What sort of a final fantasy game player are you?

Are you one who just plays through the game as the developers intended or are you a powerleveller who creates characters which are almost gods.

On my first play I tend to play the game as it is, then on my second game I try to create the ultimate team.

What about you guys? What are your fellings on this?

discuss

locke cole 08-19-2007 04:34 PM

Re: Power levelling

i play through expecting to do the ultimate team but never end up doing it

Hydra 08-19-2007 04:41 PM

I beat it once to get past it, twice to get everything, and the third time, I try to power level. That applies to almost every RPG I play. XDD

clief101_ 08-19-2007 10:01 PM

i play to get through the game...but try to lvl up as much as i can....i neva reach lvl99 tho, usually about 80+ or sumfin
but on my second play thru, i try and get everything and max out my characters

Phoenix Flame 08-20-2007 07:38 AM

I think Dappa made this thread for me... :D

...or perhaps I shouldn't be so big-headded. I dunno. XD

Powerleveling is my life. Literally ._.'' Ha! In every game I play I try to get everything possible - I feel like its the best way to enjoy a game.

Low-level challenges just don't do it for me. Sure - it's difficult, and you may even spend MORE time because of random battle resets, bosses pwning you, etc., but I think that the full spread is best. w00t!

dappa 08-21-2007 07:59 PM

I had this thread created with you in mind John.

Its a good topic to discuss though.

Phoenix Flame 08-22-2007 03:06 PM

Too bad most others are spamiards.

...oh wait! What if you power-leveled your spam! = D

dappa 08-22-2007 07:07 PM

power leveled spam, lol , no tah

power levelling rocks

sometimes i find it necessary so i can take on some of the optional super bosses

Forget them low level challenges against superbosses I want to even up the odds

Marius 08-25-2007 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hydra
I beat it once to get past it, twice to get everything, and the third time, I try to power level. That applies to almost every RPG I play. XDD

exactly what i do :D :p i normally copy my data like three times to make it a bit easiier :rolleyes: yeah im a dork but on the godlike data i have to get the last level. no game shark please :p

Mod Edit: Just a reminder that '13375p33k' or leet speak has been banned in all areas except Spamtastic.

Thank ye!

Phoenix Flame 09-16-2007 08:27 AM

The only thing ID like about power-leveling is that it makes the ending of games too simple...typically, when your characters are all lvl 99 and know almost every ability in the game, its too easy to put a whoopin on the last boss. Game developers should make it so the boss' difficulty rises as you level. Just MO.

dappa 09-16-2007 10:06 AM

i'd love it if they made the final bosses just as powerfull as the super bosses. I'd get a kick out of that due to the challenge

Doctor 12-15-2007 09:17 PM

I usually just do a straightforward playthrough, then I go back to a save before the end of the game and I try to do as many sidequests as I can. In the process, I eventually end up becoming a very high level. Or I just purposely power level, regardless of how many times I've played through the game. =]

Spec Highwind 12-21-2007 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Flame (Post 100848)
Powerleveling is my life. Literally ._.'' Ha! In every game I play I try to get everything possible - I feel like its the best way to enjoy a game.

tr00

Hydra 12-21-2007 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dappa (Post 103780)
i'd love it if they made the final bosses just as powerfull as the super bosses. I'd get a kick out of that due to the challenge

That'd be awesome.

I can just see it. Having to powerlevel to beat a story boss.

I'd squeal in delight if an RPG ever game out like that, and it was decent. :3

Phoenix Flame 12-21-2007 03:21 PM

Its just funny that most people, when it comes to RPGs, see a boss.....like Yaizmat on XII for example, or Nemesis on the US version of X and think ''OMG! No wais am I gonna EVER go through everything one would have to do to PWN THAT guy...'' And we're all like "OMGYES - finally! Someone WORTH my Pwning!! ^^;