Final Fantasy Network

Final Fantasy Network (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/index.php)
-   Hardware Heaven (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   How do you save up to buy new Cell phones, PC, computers? (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3790)

froggboy604 06-10-2008 02:21 AM

How do you save up to buy new Cell phones, PC, computers?

I don't eat junk food, buy used text books for school, resell my old textbooks, stay home instead of going out as much.

I give up some things, so I have some cash to buy Video games, computer parts, and other tech stuff.

Hydra 06-10-2008 02:24 AM

Re: How do you save up to buy new Cell phones, PC, computers?

Play small buy-in poker.

Take a portion out of a job, and just keep it aside.

Etc.

It's really easy to save, but also really easy to want something, and as easy as you save it, it's gone.

blackstar 06-10-2008 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hydra (Post 115342)
Play small buy-in poker.

Take a portion out of a job, and just keep it aside.

Etc.

It's really easy to save, but also really easy to want something, and as easy as you save it, it's gone.

Amen

froggboy604 06-10-2008 11:29 PM

I try to avoid being those little Accessories for my Tech like skins, card readers, Key chains, Stickers, carrying bags since they really add up . I rather just use the cash to buy something big.

Instead of eating a big lunch, I'm on a sandwich, bananna and Juice lunch.

Spiff 06-17-2008 07:05 PM

I put money in a saving account so it doesn't burn a hole in my pocket.

froggboy604 06-17-2008 11:44 PM

I notice saving accounts don't have much interest these days, so it take a long time to accumulate enough to buy a Wii unless you have a lot of money in the bank, but then you wouldn't really have to think about ways to save money to spend it latter on gadgets.

A guy in my class uses his shopper Points that he get from shopping at a drug store to trade those points for a new MP3 player.

Spiff 06-18-2008 12:55 PM

It's not the interest for the savings account that can get you the Wii. If you continually put money into it, you should have enough in no time.

If you want to talk about interest that has more to do with a long term investment like CDs or Gov. bonds.

froggboy604 06-19-2008 12:37 AM

True, my teacher always said he could of made a fortune if he bought a ton of google stock.

My dad said he would of been rich when he bought a lot of gas company stock like BP, Shell, Chevron, Exxon-Mobbil, etc, but he knows nothing about the stock market. Gold rissen in Value by a lot, too.

Yeah, I notice when I save up for a gadget for putting money aside in the bamk. The gadget price tag drops in price or there is a better version for a better price. Impulse buys usually cause me to spend more, so I just save then buy.

darkshadow2247 07-29-2011 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by froggboy604 (Post 116189)
True, my teacher always said he could of made a fortune if he bought a ton of google stock.

My dad said he would of been rich when he bought a lot of gas company stock like BP, Shell, Chevron, Exxon-Mobbil, etc, but he knows nothing about the stock market. Gold rissen in Value by a lot, too.

Yeah, I notice when I save up for a gadget for putting money aside in the bamk. The gadget price tag drops in price or there is a better version for a better price. Impulse buys usually cause me to spend more, so I just save then buy.

Everyone has a "I would have been rich if I invest in..." story. Back in '09, I was going to invest in Netflix when its shares were about $40. I didn't think it would rise that much but it is now worth about 600% more than when I considered it.