Final Fantasy Network

Final Fantasy Network (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/index.php)
-   Final Fantasy IX (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Festival of the Hunt? (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2709)

Fenrir 05-25-2007 03:30 PM

Festival of the Hunt?

I always wondered on ff 9, when you do the festival of the hunt, if Vivi wins he's suppose to win a card. What card is it.

Is it rare?

MOD EDIT: Posts merged. Please avoid double posting, and use the 'edit' option instead. ;)

dappa 05-25-2007 07:36 PM

Re: Festival of the Hunt?

You get a theatre ship card. I suppose you could say it is rare for that early on in the game but later on you can go to daguerro and win loads of them.

But remember vivi will never win the contest unless you manipulate the situation between zidane and freya. To be honest i think its better that freya wins the competiton so you get the coral ring.

Fenrir 05-25-2007 08:37 PM

that's lame

Doctor 05-26-2007 02:35 AM

Yeah, I've always just had Freya win....I don't even know exactly what anyone else wins. O_o but a Theatre Ship Card? That really IS lame.

dappa 05-27-2007 07:56 PM

If zidane wins he gets loads of gil which is even lamer in my opinion. Coral ring is useful against the grand dragons

Iterif 06-26-2007 05:17 PM

I have one question. Why don't you talk about the festival instead of talking about what you get out of it.

dappa 06-26-2007 05:41 PM

Well the thread author did ask what was gained if vivi won the competition.

As for the hunt I just hunt all the animals which show up in the theatre district then I make for the business district and defeat the enemies there. After there is like a couple of mins left I make for the area where all the weapon shops are and defeat the foe there and you will win the competition.

clief101_ 09-26-2007 01:13 AM

i beat all the monsters in the theatre district, then i go beat that big 1 that gives u loads of points...i like to win, i dont really care who gets what

dappa 09-26-2007 05:47 AM

i usually let freya win the competiion mainly cause i would rather have the auto abilities which come with the ring rather than waiting til later in the game to get it from a shop.

Plus it helps against them grand dragons if you are brave enough to challenge one.

clief101_ 09-27-2007 03:44 AM

if your brave enuf...lol...ive beaten them wifout the ring b4, lol...i was bored so i decided to lvl up alot...besides, i can usually almost beat them anyway coz i tend to overlvl alot lol...

dappa 09-27-2007 05:25 AM

Yeah i have defeated grand dragons before that early in the game too. I made a thread showing how to do it if you have not seen it already but i like that coral ring on zidane just in case your luck is out and the dragon uses thundaga on your party. At least zidane can use his flee abiliity.

http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2966

clief101_ 09-27-2007 06:13 AM

yes...too tru

Drake 10-05-2007 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dappa
You get a theatre ship card. I suppose you could say it is rare for that early on in the game but later on you can go to daguerro and win loads of them.

But remember vivi will never win the contest unless you manipulate the situation between zidane and freya. To be honest i think its better that freya wins the competiton so you get the coral ring.

I agree. Coral Ring = goodness. :)

How do you manipulate the situation between Zidane and Freya? What do you mean?

dappa 10-05-2007 08:56 PM

All you do drake is deliberately ko zidane and freya in the battle with the Zanghol. This is the only time you get to control freya in the festival of the hunt. Make Zidane mug the zanghol first though.

That is the only situation that can make viva win the competition and win his measly card/

Drake 10-09-2007 03:29 PM

Oh ok, cool. Maybe I'll try having Vivi win sometime.