Final Fantasy Network

Final Fantasy Network (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/index.php)
-   Serious Discussion and Debates (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Cutting (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2516)

Doctor 04-03-2007 03:51 AM

Cutting

...Self-mutilation, whatever you want to call it. I'm sure this has been discussed before, but for right now, what do you think about it?

Right now, I'm not sure...I recently started doing it, though.

Yeah, I know I'm just being a kitty little emo, and if that's what you think, then it's fine. I merely just see it as a means to focus on something else other than the life I live through, other than my emotional pain.

But, enough about me. Just post what you think here. XP

Slider 04-03-2007 06:33 AM

Re: Cutting

Eh?

That's jus like sayin: Hey dude, whaddaya think bout burnin urself?
it's a very stupid and desperate act in which the individual punishes himself, and it doesn't even make him feel good after that.
I don't think there's any mysteries around THAT!

Avathar 04-03-2007 07:09 AM

Self-mutilation is completely retarded.

So yes, I'm quite against cutting yourself since it's potentially ridiculously lethal, if you're doing wrist-slashing, that is. Either way, cutting yourself anywhere on your body:

Surely, there MUST be other ways for making a feeling of relief, a sensation of escaping the daily stress, or for whatever reasons people do it.

ThroneofDravaris 04-03-2007 08:23 AM

I couldn't care less what people do in their spare time. There is a chance of things ending really badly, but I don't see it as particularly less stupid then drinking yourself to the point where you almost OD or whatever. It only annoys me when emo/goth morons do it, because they tend to go out of their way to tell everyone the first opportunity they get.

blackstar 04-03-2007 10:17 AM

Its ok Faust i understand if no one else wants to try and help by saying anything usefull i will continue this in a pm i dont want to discuss in a thread.

ThroneofDravaris 04-03-2007 11:44 AM

What do you mean 'useful'? The topic is "Cutting", not "What do you think of me cutting myself?".

Slider 04-03-2007 12:06 PM

Nothing personnal blackstar, but I challenge ya to bring anything useful out cutting urself

jus like smokin or drinkin or drugs.... IT'S NOT A REAL ANSWER!

Precise, this isn't ur body to abuse, u hafta respect it and take good care of it, no treat it like trash or a chicken neck!!!!

Yggdrasill 04-03-2007 01:34 PM

Cutting yourself is really, really stupid mainly because it doesn't make you feel better at all.
Usually, people who cut themselves are the people who say "Oh! My life is so horrible!", I'm not saying your like that Faust, but that's usually the case.

I know this sounds very harsh but you have to just get on with your life and move on, because there's a lot of people out in the world who have much, much worse problems than you. =/

ThroneofDravaris 04-03-2007 02:48 PM

Quote:

Cutting yourself is really, really stupid mainly because it doesn't make you feel better at all.
Not entirely true. Cutting causes endorphins to be released in the brain which can result in brief bouts of euphoria, temporarily relieving mental anguish.

From a long term prospective though no, I doubt cutting is going to make someone feel better.

Luis 04-03-2007 03:08 PM

Damn Dr.Faust, what a hobby you chose!
You shouldn't harm your body on purpose. There's no reason in the world to do it.

Spec Highwind 04-03-2007 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avathar
Self-mutilation is completely retarded.

Yggdrasill 04-03-2007 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThroneofDravaris
Not entirely true. Cutting causes endorphins to be released in the brain which can result in brief bouts of euphoria, temporarily relieving mental anguish.

From a long term prospective though no, I doubt cutting is going to make someone feel better.

Yeah, but it also causes physical damage to your body and cutting your wrists can even be fatal. (If you cut very deep that is.)
If your emotions are so bad that you have to cut yourself to relieve metal anguish then it's time to go to a psychiatrist. =P

Kat 04-03-2007 03:38 PM

alright everyone,you really have no say,i doubt any of you know what its like to be this depressed,i myself however have cut myself before from being depressed.
i don't anymore,but i know what its like to feel that way!
and theres no need to just keep saying "its retarded" even though i know its not good!
its a little obvious isn't it?!
if you haven't anything helpful to say besides stuff like that,you shouldn't even post here.
now....how could i put this..
When you're depressed bad enough...your emotional pain is greater than your physical pain..so if you cut yourself you don't really feel anything..and your emotional feelings tell you it feels good.
if i could explain it better i would.

Slider 04-03-2007 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kat
alright everyone,you really have no say,i doubt any of you know what its like to be this depressed,i myself however have cut myself before from being depressed.
i don't anymore,but i know what its like to feel that way!
and theres no need to just keep saying "its retarded" even though i know its not good!
its a little obvious isn't it?!
if you haven't anything helpful to say besides stuff like that,you shouldn't even post here.
now....how could i put this..
When you're depressed bad enough...your emotional pain is greater than your physical pain..so if you cut yourself you don't really feel anything..and your emotional feelings tell you it feels good.
if i could explain it better i would.

Ok, take it easy Kat i'm sure no one means sumtin personnal

now that u had personnal experience with this, did it help you at all? was it ur answer to bad feelings? if so why did you stop it?

I'd just appreciate ur explanation (point of view) why would someone do sumting so.... irelevant!

Spec Highwind 04-03-2007 03:51 PM

And what about being strong and facing the problems?

I do that, you know?