Final Fantasy Network

Final Fantasy Network (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/index.php)
-   Serious Discussion and Debates (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Girls and self defence. (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=535)

Arkacia 10-05-2005 05:13 AM

Re: Girls and self defence.

The rape poll is very disturbing. The only good thing about it is that 99% of that 40% will never act on that answer and attack a female.

For those that do, its mostly a power thing. Their chance to dominate and abuse an unwilling woman gives them a sick pleasure. Looking into the lives of most rapists, you'll find they were dominated themselves by mothers, sisters, wives or some other woman in their lives. Most of them hate women because of that and their acts are power and payback based. Very sick I know.

Totorosama 10-05-2005 06:43 PM

I think that we should end this. Too many disturbing things and atrocities and details.

Arkacia 10-05-2005 11:29 PM

Don't worry, I'm watching the thread carefully, and am sure Shadowheart is too :).

I'm a member of a couple of forums where this subject would have been closed down right from the first post, but believe its something that needs to be out in the open and not hidden away and only whispered about behind closed doors. Things like this do need to be talked about.

If people go past the line, they will hear about it and if the thread does degenerate, it will be closed, but for now, its ok.

Zeromus_X 10-05-2005 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arkacia
The rape poll is very disturbing. The only good thing about it is that 99% of that 40% will never act on that answer and attack a female.

For those that do, its mostly a power thing. Their chance to dominate and abuse an unwilling woman gives them a sick pleasure. Looking into the lives of most rapists, you'll find they were dominated themselves by mothers, sisters, wives or some other woman in their lives. Most of them hate women because of that and their acts are power and payback based. Very sick I know.

kinda feel sorry for them...but only a little.

Lyde Lyde 10-06-2005 09:37 AM

I have concern for my safety too. That's why so every often I go out to the gun rage. You have to protect yourself from perverts.

Totorosama 10-06-2005 06:23 PM

I'm surrounded by them. It's sick. Thankfully, I'm a guy.

~Hidan~ 10-18-2005 05:01 AM

Girls taking self defence is a good thing, my girlfriend could really use itt.

Totorosama 10-19-2005 06:24 PM

Actually, everyone could use it. Not just if you're a girl, but everyone: the seniors, the disabled, etc.

Squall Lionheart 01-26-2006 01:09 PM

Fighting abilities always can be a helpfull factor in life.....

Kat 06-29-2006 05:53 PM

creepy......so were can you learn defense abilities?

Tiny Bronco 06-29-2006 06:10 PM

I think that in some states schools have to offer self defense classes. Your parents would know I bet.

Spirit 06-29-2006 09:37 PM

Even though I'm a guy I do feel terrible for girls.

Hydra 06-30-2006 04:32 PM

Meh.... as a personal experience, alot of defenseless women rely on their man to help them....and THAT'S the problem.. o_0 If your boyfriend is a rapist, he'll wait for the right moment and time to do....well....you know. He'll do anything. Defending you to get your trust to....yeah. Girls taking self defense classes is a great idea. If they didn't know any better, could you blame them?

On a guess here, but most rapists probably have a dark past. IE, abusive back stories...and whatnot. Parents abusing one another...the father hitting the mother... early childhood.. it's like a big puzzle. And when said child gets older, and doesn't know any better, they look to what their parents did.

That's why you see alot of rapists that twist males AND females. It's all about being a good parent, and looking out for everybody. Look outside the box at people, instead of what you see. And take self defense classes...like the topic says.. :D

~Hidan~ 06-30-2006 07:06 PM

I know a girl who is a world champion in kickboxing, I was with her going to a club once and someone tried to hold us up, it only took her a few second to land the guy bent over a trash can in the side of the street.

Staircase 06-30-2006 11:55 PM

The rape rate where i live (New York) is simply amazing. It makes me want to vomit. And self defence is a must. I think carrying a gun is also a great solution. My mom and dad both carry 9mm guns with them almost everywhere. Dead serious. They both have their licences (obviously) and cmon, who is gonna try to make a woman with a gun feel uncomfortable. As long as you are responsible with a gun.

Sorry if thats hard to read... i think theres like 50 run on sentances and missing commas, but im way too tired to rewrite it.