Final Fantasy Network

Final Fantasy Network (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/index.php)
-   FFnet RPG Hack (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   RPG Latest (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=481)

Rorschach 10-03-2005 10:57 PM

Re: RPG Latest

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arkacia
Ssshhh, don't say that out loud. Someone may hear you and change it back :D.

I didn't change it, but Shaggy may have. Anyway in my opinion 4 gil is fairer than 2 so just enjoy the extra. I'd give 10 per post myself but I'm an old softie :).

Ohh!! 10!!! please please please!! ^_^

Zeromus_X 10-03-2005 11:22 PM

the funny post games are a good way to get gil...just thought id say that.

also, whats the point of the classes? or are those something in the making? from what i can tell, they all can use the same weapons/armor, so...just wondered :)

Totorosama 10-04-2005 12:12 AM

Personally, I think that there should be less EXP given for monster battles (20 for the grenador? Fifty battles and you're 10 lvls up!) and more gil (I'll never afford some of those stuff). Also, so much for whispering it, Arkacia.

Rorschach 10-04-2005 12:32 AM

Yathere really is no point inthe classes, but maybe I'l go play withthe hacknd see if I can figure out some way to have skills....
I'l try hosting like a localized test forum...

Totorosama 10-04-2005 12:44 AM

Maybe the skills can be added with the next RPG maker thingy coming out next summer. However, to make the skills for all of the classes would be complicated and take a really long time. Also, ever since FFnut left, there haven't been any decent fighters. No one's even level 30 (I think) yet. I'm trying for it, though.

Rorschach 10-04-2005 01:33 AM

Hmmm...
There is a 4.0 beta, maybe I'l try dling that later tomorrow along with 3.0, you ahve to register for the forums and all, and I'm kind of too tired to do that now...

ShadowHeart 10-04-2005 04:48 AM

Totorosama, that's because it was near impossible to reach level 30. I'm at level 15 (the highest on the forum as far as I know). The sole reason I'm up here is because I abused the 200 Exp Grendador a lot, otherwise I would be < 10. Before Arkacia upped the Exp values, it would have taken me at minimum 100 battles to reach level 16, and then probably 250+ battles for each level on up to level 30. Sure, you shouldn't be able to reach level 99 so easily, but I seriously doubt anyone is going to sit and fight 100s of battles in a row. It gets extremely monotone, and you'll most likely even be sitting on < 100 HP after 10-20 battles (unless you fight the weakest monsters, because they can hardly harm you at high levels, but they give a bit less Exp too of course..), and it's very expensive to heal. I'm considering buying a Cure spell for healing, that's probably the best investment you can make in terms of healing.

Totorosama 10-04-2005 06:29 PM

I see. Only a few more weeks until I can get a cure spell. Problem is, then there's the gil cost for restoring MP. What a pity. Also, where's the .jpg image for the grenador. And what's the highest level ever reached?

When's a clan war going to occur? And what's up with all those people who signed up for this forum but aren't doing anything? WEird...

Arkacia 10-05-2005 05:17 AM

Look everyone, if you think more gil is needed per post, exp needs to be upped ect, just tell me straight. Its hard to decipher from these posts. Most of you use the RPG a lot more than I do and have a better idea of whats fair :).

ShadowHeart 10-05-2005 05:19 AM

I don't think anyone has ever reached higher than I have atm on this forum, because a) I had fought by far the most battles until you came along (just check Battle Arena Top 10) and b) I was the one who abused the 200 Exp Grendador the most.

The Grendador just seems bugged in general. It has 0 in all its stats (yet it still does more damage in its' attacks than for example Abizoah seems to do) and has no image..

Totorosama 10-05-2005 07:01 PM

Yeah, what's up with that? Also, I think that it's a lot more efficient to heal at the healing center than with a potion. 100 gil for 150 hp? That's a ripoff! Or maybe give more gil. Also, once Shaggy gets the new version of rpg maker, we should get a little gil for battles. That and skill points. But then you would have to set up skills, of which there seem to be none right now.

Zeromus_X 10-07-2005 02:52 AM

i think once the rpg thingy is all straightened out, we can have a tournament of champions! :D whoever enters is fully healed, and must fight everyone else,(a bracket tournament) and cannot heal in between matches! and the winner...gets...something...of moderate value :p lol just an idea. although it would be better if/when we get abilities etc.

thats my thoughts for now...

Arkacia 10-07-2005 03:04 AM

Grendador has been deleted as I couldn't find a way to fix the problems with it :).

Zeromus_X 10-08-2005 10:42 PM

i think the one surefire way to improve the rpg is to make an inn-like healing center, with a constant cost everyone can agree on. this would make healing much less of a chore. just an idea :)

ShadowHeart 10-09-2005 06:07 AM

Yeah, I brought up the idea of a constant cost inn when the RPG had just been implemented, haven't heard anything about it since then..

Totorosama 10-10-2005 01:30 AM

However, if it was at a fixed rate, it would be too cheap for the high levels, and too expensive for the low levels. Maybe there could be a few rates? Also, about the tournament thingy, the person who would be fighting everyone else would probably be Shadowheart, 'cause they're the highest level character for now, right?

Max the Man 10-10-2005 09:54 AM

maybe, it could start out really cheap. Like lower levels it could be 10GP then 20, 30, etc. ;)

ShadowHeart 10-10-2005 11:13 AM

Well, I guess it could be based on level if possible. It's still much better with a level-fixed cost, as long as it doesn't grow too fast with increasing levels, than one that depends on how much you need to heal..

Zeromus_X 10-10-2005 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Totorosama
However, if it was at a fixed rate, it would be too cheap for the high levels, and too expensive for the low levels. Maybe there could be a few rates? Also, about the tournament thingy, the person who would be fighting everyone else would probably be Shadowheart, 'cause they're the highest level character for now, right?

i meant a bracket tournament where people are randomly assigned to fight eachother, until the last two people that haven't lost fight eachother(like the tenkaichi budokai of dragonball) of course, there would be no healing in between matches, but at the beginning of the tournament everyone would be healed. of course, some people that are high leveled(which for now would be lv 12+?) may have an advantage. i just thought a whole tournament thingy would be interesting and fun! :)

Arkacia 10-10-2005 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowHeart
Yeah, I brought up the idea of a constant cost inn when the RPG had just been implemented, haven't heard anything about it since then..

I don't think its possible but will have a look :).

Arkacia 10-11-2005 12:25 AM

I've done something really major this morning that will probably affect most of you.

Discovered how to add different class types so now instead of us all being "generic", we are split into generic, mage, warrior and scholar. Which one you are depends on your class. For example knights and my amazon are now warriors. Gamblers are now scholars, the mages are under mage and some classes remain generic ect.

You will need to go into your headquarters and update your character to put its new class into effect. This also affects the items you can buy from the itemshop. All items have been set to apply to all or only certain types. Example again, warriors can now only buy level 1 spells, scholars can buy level 1 and 2, generic and mages can buy all spells. Weapons and armour are affected the same way.

If you can't buy an item under your new class type, it won't show in the itemshop for you anymore.

The next stage of this for me is going through and adding lots of new weapons, armour ect so each class has a decent choice.

Hope this makes the RPG a bit more interesting for you all. If you are having problems, have questions or comments ect, tell me :).

I will also eventually go through and edit the items the generic class can use so they don't have access to everything, just a mix of warrior/mage/scholar type items. I want to get the other classes itemed up first though ;):).

Zeromus_X 10-11-2005 01:58 AM

yay!! :) thats a definite improvement! however, what if people just decide to change jobs at the spur of the moment? (not that im forsaking geomancer...)also, i like how my selection fit my class :D (i can use terrain, like earth and wind, etc.)

Xartex 10-11-2005 03:15 AM

that's really cool, changed my job like three times so, just wondering if i can use my butterfly edge on my new samurai, just want to know (dont want to go into battle because i have so little hp)

ShadowHeart 10-11-2005 03:49 AM

Good work, Arkacia :)

Arkacia 10-11-2005 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeromus_X
yay!! :) thats a definite improvement! however, what if people just decide to change jobs at the spur of the moment? (not that im forsaking geomancer...)also, i like how my selection fit my class (i can use terrain, like earth and wind, etc.)

If people switch between jobs, it won't affect anything except what they can and can't buy in the itemshop. I'm not sure if weapons and armour they already own, but that cannot be used by their new class, will still work or not. Haven't tested that. Perhaps someone who does can give me some feedback.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xartex
that's really cool, changed my job like three times so, just wondering if i can use my butterfly edge on my new samurai, just want to know (dont want to go into battle because i have so little hp)

Yes, you can. The samurai is a warrior and they can use all the sword weapons :).

If you want to get your experience up and practice battles, you can go into the monster arena. The early ones are pretty easy to beat and good to learn on ;).

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowHeart
Good work, Arkacia

Totorosama 10-12-2005 12:25 AM

YAaay! You know, 2 days of me being gone and here's what happened. I'm so proud...I can't wait to get new stuff! (Of course, I don't have much gil right now...)

Arkacia 10-12-2005 02:54 AM

Thats ok Totorosama, I've only revamped the shields so far. This will require a big shake up of the items and will take time for me to do.

As I do have real life to handle as well, it won't happen overnight, theres no hurry :).

Totorosama 10-12-2005 11:35 AM

Also, do the items have to be so expensive? It's not worth paying 50 gil (or is it 100?) for a potion just to heal 100-150 hp. And the others aren't really useful when there are no status effects so far....

Arkacia 10-12-2005 11:59 AM

I'm redoing everything in the itemshop and prices are being looked at in relation to what they do. I don't want to make it too easy though, but will try to make the lower impact items (plain potions ect) more affordable.

The status items may go because I can't find any way to make them do what they are supposed to do. If that happens, I will replace them with more items for health, magic and combinations of the two.

I've done the shields and armour so far. Both sections have items now that cover level 30 - 35. Once all sections are done, I'll go through them again and add items for higher levels.

Totorosama 10-12-2005 06:39 PM

Uh, you didn't need to do those for levels 30-35. No one's even halfway there yet.

Arkacia 10-12-2005 07:49 PM

I know, just making sure something is there for when someone does get that high :).

Eventually there will be stuff for levels into the 90s ;).

Rorschach 10-12-2005 07:56 PM

Ohh....
The only way someones gonna get that high is if they spam lol....
*looks around sneakly* ;)

ShadowHeart 10-13-2005 05:56 AM

Rather if they fight in the monster arena like crazy. It would probably take posts in the 100,000 range to get all the way to level 90+ on jsut posting :p Well, it certainly feels like it :)

Arkacia 10-13-2005 08:22 AM

You have a point there Shadowheart.

So, those of you who are really into the RPG, tell me what you think a fair amount of experience for posts and threads would be?

I'm open to increasing it but don't want to make it too easy to get to the very high levels. You have to do some of the hard work yourselves :).

Spiff 10-13-2005 01:27 PM

You've done a great job. :) Although, I was a little upset that I had to sell my weapon, but I like being a Red Mage.

Note: I tried using Cure in Battle and it uses the MP but doesn't give me any HP. The page says it did but nothing happens.

Totorosama 10-13-2005 06:37 PM

Well, the experience and gil actually seems fair so far, I just realized you had to pick on the weak monsters and be hardcore ffnut. That, and wait for a while, and you will ultimately achieve success! Of course, I haven't really gotten there yet, but I'm not in an entirely bad position. Yeah, battling is really good for the EXP part, just wish there was also a tiny bit of gil (2-4) but I think Shaggy already said he couldn't incorporate that until the next RPG maker thingy comes out.

Spiff 10-14-2005 07:13 PM

I've tried a lot of different things and I still can't get cure to work. Is anyone else having problems with cure?

Arkacia 10-14-2005 09:40 PM

Sorry Spiff, I think I know whats happened with the cure. I just haven't had a chance to go in and look (darn real life and Diablo 2 LOD are taking over my life :D). Will get it done later today ;):)..

Spiff 10-14-2005 10:25 PM

Thanks. Always glad to give a little feed back.

Coelie 10-15-2005 07:01 AM

correct me if I am wrong but...Limit grows with every attack you do with a weapon and the monster ur fighting dodges it...if you select the option to be mad in battle (when limit bar is full) I guess it makes you stronger