Final Fantasy Network

Final Fantasy Network (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/index.php)
-   Final Fantasy I - IV (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Final Fantasy III DS (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1948)

Zeromus_X 11-15-2006 11:24 PM

Final Fantasy III DS

Did anyone else pick it up today? Yes, the stunning Nintendo DS remake of the original Final Fantasy III has been released today, and needless to say, this will take up all of my free time. My heartfelt apologies to FFXII.

To those of you who have a Nintendo DS and haven't emulated the original (which was never available outside of Japan except for fan translation until now), I urge you to go and pick this up. It was a magnificent game for its time, and it still is today. For those of you living in PAL territories, at least import this or something less you have to deal with a nervewracking PAL release date.

Staircase 11-16-2006 10:36 AM

Re: Final Fantasy III DS

I plan on getting it after i beat FFXII for the same reason, it will take up all of my time, and i really want to beat FFXII before i get addicted to a different game, or I may never finish it. I played the original and it was alright, but i wasnt a HUGE fan of it, but i know this one will take me, it looks awesome!! And the GFX on it look insane!!! Can't wait to get it!

dappa 11-16-2006 08:36 PM

Looks like I will have to buy a DS then. Oh well another machine I will have to buy just so I can play another final fantasy game.

Being in a pal territory sucks we always get everything last.

richboywonder 11-16-2006 09:50 PM

somehow i didn't see it.i checked everywhere in the DS section.all i saw was FFV advance for gameboy advance.

Zeromus_X 11-16-2006 11:15 PM

Alot of places have been reported to have shipping problems. But it should be in your local store soon.

richboywonder 11-16-2006 11:20 PM

there's barely anybody with a nintendo DS.

Zeromus_X 11-16-2006 11:47 PM

Um...I'm afraid I don't understand. xD Do you mean that your store doesn't carry alot of DS games? Or that people near you don't have many DSs? :confused:

Phoenix Flame 11-17-2006 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeromus_X
Did anyone else pick it up today? Yes, the stunning Nintendo DS remake of the original Final Fantasy III has been released today, and needless to say, this will take up all of my free time. My heartfelt apologies to FFXII.

To those of you who have a Nintendo DS and haven't emulated the original (which was never available outside of Japan except for fan translation until now), I urge you to go and pick this up. It was a magnificent game for its time, and it still is today. For those of you living in PAL territories, at least import this or something less you have to deal with a nervewracking PAL release date.

Wow Zero! You have a heartfelt seriousness for it eh?

Hmmm...well I just may have to pick it up. Not right away thought. As other's have said, I need to finish XII and DQVIII before being an addict to another title. :D

C_Dub 11-18-2006 10:28 PM

Have you gotten to the giant rat yet? In the neptu temple.. It is givin me a hard time.. I'm level 11 with 2 warriors a blm and a rdm.

Zeromus_X 11-18-2006 10:45 PM

I'm in the final dungeon. :)

For the Giant Rat, use all the spell items at your disposal (all the Antarctic Winds, unless you used them already). I trained three of my people as Red Mages until about level 15 or so (not like that's necessary, you don't have to level up at all) so they could all have one shot of a level three spell (the Fira, Blizzara, and Thundara spells you find in the viking's cave), and then I fried him with my lower level spells until he died. If you get lucky, Desch may help out with Thundara, which also deals alot of damage.

C_Dub 11-18-2006 11:05 PM

I Just Pwned the rat.. was super easy with the level three spells.
Have you tried this game online?

Zeromus_X 11-19-2006 06:55 AM

I've sent a message to a nearby friend, but I haven't used the WiFi connection.

Yggdrasill 11-19-2006 10:53 AM

I'm getting it soon.
My copy has shipped according to the website I ordered it from, now I just have to wait.

Spec Highwind 11-19-2006 04:28 PM

I saw the intro movie :| And I fell in love with it :eek: And I don't even have a DS =\

Staircase 11-19-2006 04:59 PM

I just got it today. Haven't played it yet though. I plan on playing it on the bus to school every morning. So now i can have FF at all times of the day. XD