Final Fantasy Network

Final Fantasy Network (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/index.php)
-   Final Fantasy XII (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Final Fantasy XII? (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1879)

Unknown Kaze 10-25-2006 11:41 AM

Final Fantasy XII?

Isnt it time for a Forum for Final Fantasy XII? its coming out next week and theres a wealth of info on it already.

Yggdrasill 10-25-2006 04:02 PM

Re: Final Fantasy XII?

I'm pretty sure they'll make a forum for it once it's out in America.
It's just too bad Europe get it March 2007. :(

Staircase 10-25-2006 10:57 PM

wow, that does suck for Europe doesnt it? Well i pre-ordered the collectors edition, and i'm so excited for Halloween to come, cant wait for it any longer.

Zeromus_X 10-25-2006 11:58 PM

I'm sure Shaggy will make a new forum when it comes out...well, he should anyway.

Yep, yay! Can't wait for it! I'm glad I don't get so excited over upcoming games until near the time they're going to be released, as I'd go crazy otherwise. :)

Hydra 10-28-2006 09:54 AM

If Halloween is on Tuesday, the 31st is right around the corner. :) Now I just need to find the time to pick it up. XD

Arkacia 10-30-2006 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeromus_X
I'm sure Shaggy will make a new forum when it comes out...well, he should anyway.

What am I, an egg yolk? :p

Forum created, have fun folks :).

Slider 10-30-2006 07:20 AM

Alright then LET'S TALK THE **** OUT OF US ABOUT IT? SPOILERS MIGHT BE INCLUDED (NOT STORYLINE THOUGHT)
I checked it out on wiki, and the first impresion i got from it's cover was a star wars (or trek either way i'm not a fan of that stuff) theme.
Here's a small quote about the soundtracks:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wikipedia
"The disc will contain 31 songs, including Angela Aki's Kiss Me Goodbye. The 31 songs represent the 31 days of October, leading up to the Final Fantasy XII game release"

like FF11 the transition between World map and batle is almost non-existing, soundtrack "usually" doesn't change after transition.
New ADB battle system which is Active Dimension Battle.
There's a wait time for commands which varies from one to another to preform it depending on the Command/ Magic/ Skill etc...
I LOVE THIS PART, realisticly like FF8, MONEY ISN'T DROPPED BY MONSTERS ANYMORE YAAAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!! They're going back on the right track again!
However there are several new ways to gain money like preforming tasks, hunting "wanted monsters"
Ethers/Espers will make apperance as summonings (*looks at the smiling Zeromus :) )
Airships aren't left it out in this one as well, MP is in it as well........
from what I understand, it seems you can improve your Limit Breaks, but here's the thing, it's not just by gaining new ones, but by speeding up the same one itself and improving it's capabilities.
There's much more to know about it's Liscence system as well as the Gambit System.
A short storyline spoiler is that the game begins in the same place as FF tactics.

Well that's my short summary about the game ENJOY :D
btw, did anyone get to try out its early released demo?

Staircase 10-30-2006 10:46 AM

I got to try out the demo, It was very interesting. I think all of it is a nice change to the FF environment. Cant wait for tomorrow!!!!

ThroneofDravaris 10-30-2006 12:02 PM

sigh @ Oz not getting it until next year. I mean I could easily just import it (go go mod chips being legal in Australia) but right now I have higher import priorities like Xenosaga Episode III and Tales of the Abyss, which probably won't see a PAL release at all.

Spec Highwind 10-30-2006 02:33 PM

You lucky americans :(

Zeromus_X 10-30-2006 09:05 PM

I don't think there's any solid proof that it's the same Ivalice, at least, none that I've heard of.

I did play the demo that came with Dragon Quest VIII, though it wasn't very much.

Thanks Arkacia! xD

I should be able to purchase the game on Wendesday.

C_Dub 10-30-2006 11:54 PM

I remember hearing that you see a char or two from final fantasy tactics... can't say if it is true or not, thats just what i remember reading... think it was from gamespot

Zeromus_X 10-31-2006 12:21 AM

Montblanc and his brother from Final Fantasy Tactics Advance; however, this does not mean the games take place in the same Ivalice.

Unknown Kaze 10-31-2006 01:22 PM

I cant believe I have to wait for it to come out in March next year. We Europeans are so delayed.....

Yggdrasill 11-01-2006 05:08 PM

They could release it in the UK in November if instead of putting about 10 languages on it just shoved it into PAL format and released it. I mean why would anyone in the UK need the other languages? I would Import it but....Freeloader pretty much sucks.