Final Fantasy Network

Final Fantasy Network (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/index.php)
-   Final Fantasy VIII (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   If you were to rank ff8 1 to 10.. what would u rank it? (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1133)

Austin Al 05-30-2006 10:40 PM

If you were to rank ff8 1 to 10.. what would u rank it?

i would give it a 9.5... b/c its has a really good story and its just so darn cool!!! and i love the gunblade.. that is the coolest

Hydra 05-30-2006 10:50 PM

Re: If you were to rank ff8 1 to 10.. what would u rank it?

Meh..I'd give it a 7. It's an alright Final Fantasy game, but it's not the best one. It doesn't really compare to some of them. It's better than a few, but then it's alot worse than others.

Austin Al 05-31-2006 12:13 AM

i agree lol..i stand by my 9.5 lol 7 is good to lol!

Zeromus_X 05-31-2006 12:33 AM

An 8 out of 10. Only thing I saw wrong was it's customization system. Other than that, solid story and funny characters, plus surreal ending and you know I have to like it. I've never understood why people whine about why it's 'too modern' or 'the characters suck' or some other stupid complaint.

Or more hilarious of all, 'a gun sword isn't realistic'. xD No kidding, it is a Final Fantasy after all. :p

Avathar 05-31-2006 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeromus_X
I've never understood why people whine about why it's 'too modern'

:p I wasn't whining. I just enjoy Fantasy-styled games a lot more than the Serieux-realistic futurism which is FFVIII.
But still, in a few words: Final Fantasy VIII is a good game. The Junction system may be annoying in the beginning, but ultimately it's totally broken (All my characters had 3000 Hp at the end of the first disc). Only a few characters are quite awesome, and a good storyline.

7,5/10 ^_^

ShadowHeart 05-31-2006 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avathar
I just enjoy Fantasy-styled games a lot more than the Serieux-realistic futurism which is FFVIII.

I agree.. I prefer fantasy/medieval-style in RPGs.

Spears > Gunblades

Still, I'd give FF8 a 7 I think. I do like the game, just not as much as some others :)

Zeromus_X 05-31-2006 08:41 PM

I wasn't talking about you Avathar, or anyone in general, just so ya know. ;) I meant the people that obsess over how it must absolutely be a midieval game, even though clearly not all of the FFs have been that way. (Not directed at anyone here, so you know.)

Though I do enjoy more midieval style a bit better.

murza 06-01-2006 08:27 AM

ye same here i would probaly give it a 7 its not all that great.

But i like the gunblades i think they should put them in other final fantasys

i think the magic thing where u draw it is a dodgy, also with the abilities. i think abilities is a goo idea but it could be better

i like the story, at the end it got a bit confusing lol. i mean if the machine was used in the future(time machine) why not distroy it now and it wont be in the future lol

i also think limit break could be better i dont like the random 1s. On squall i kept getting blasting zone and i wanted lion heart got me vexed aspecially when i was fighting ultima weapon.

Tiny Bronco 06-01-2006 06:25 PM

As for that midieval thing. I don't like futuristicness in FFs. Midieval is fine and fun, but I also like technology advanced enoff for cool things. So long as they are behind the real worlds technology. FF7 wouldn't be good if there wasn't Shinra NO. 26, the Mako Cannon, or the Highwind. Or the Mako Reactors. So, for me, technology is needed. Many people say FF7 is the best FF and its one of the most technology advanced FFs. Still, there's nothing like Good Ol Fashion midieval style.

simi87 06-02-2006 02:51 AM

i'll give it a 9... i love this game and is my favourite ff but i don't know why...maybe is because it's my first ff. sometimes the story is a bit confused but it's nothing if you had see "Neon Genesis Evangelion"

Squall Lionheart 06-02-2006 05:57 AM

Forget it I won't surprise anyone with my oppinion....

Zeromus_X 06-02-2006 06:00 AM

Quote:

the story is a bit confused but it's nothing if you had see "Neon Genesis Evangelion"
That is so true. xD

Avathar 06-02-2006 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squall Lionheart

Forget it I won't surprise anyone with my oppinion....

You'ld surprise me if you would give it a 6/10. :D

Phoenix Flame 06-02-2006 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avathar
You'ld surprise me if you would give it a 6/10. :D

Would it surprise you if I said 5/10? I've only played through it once...so maybe that's the problem. There's a LOT that's good in the game though. Guess I'm spoiled by "better" (IMO) Final Fantasies out there.

Avathar 06-02-2006 06:17 AM

Nah, i just ment that Squall here could hardly be in the position to give FFVIII a lower score than 10/10. ;)