Final Fantasy Network

Final Fantasy Network (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/index.php)
-   FFNET Announcements (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Ok, here are the list of things that will happen to FFnet (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3361)

Shaggy 11-14-2007 03:51 AM

Ok, here are the list of things that will happen to FFnet

I am going to be updating to the latest version of vb, but.....I have to get the skin designed first and I just hired a vb skin designer to start on it yesterday but it won't be done until Nov 30th. Sorry, but it takes that long to design a skin.

The reason I am not updating the forum as of yet, is that if I do, this skin we have now will not work on the newest version. So I would have to set it up as teh ugly white default skin, which just looks bad. Also, if I were to add mods to the forum, I would have to reinstall them after the new skin was put in. So be patient guys/gals. FFnet is going to brand new here by the end of the month!!

Luis 11-16-2007 04:17 PM

Re: Ok, here are the list of things that will happen to FFnet

Brand new, cool!
Then I could start some brand marketing here ;)

John Smith 11-16-2007 09:45 PM

Sounds good to me. :)

Hydra 11-16-2007 09:55 PM

I leave for a bit, and you come all in here.

Acting tough. Promising.

:]

But I'm sure you'll fufill this time. It's good to have you back Shaggy. And now we have a determined date. Whoo. =D

blackstar 11-17-2007 01:02 AM

Whoo hoo!

Shaggy 11-17-2007 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hydra
I leave for a bit, and you come all in here.

Acting tough. Promising.

:]

But I'm sure you'll fufill this time. It's good to have you back Shaggy. And now we have a determined date. Whoo. =D

See, my main problem was getting ffnet off of my small reseller hosting account to my big server, but i was have all kinds of problems with trying that. Finally got it worked out. Hopes its not to late. :(

Luis 11-17-2007 04:11 PM

Not if we still work on this :)

Seyluv 11-17-2007 07:30 PM

So you moving the forum to a better VB host right?

Yay thats good....is you going to delete the old one like after everything get straight?
I mean I love the posts we did here and everything, but Google keep quoting me. I can't even do any searching for my boys without FFnet keep popping up.

Well, anyhoo Nov 30th isn't too far away. So the wait won't hurt so much. I hope all this updating and stuff really pay off.

Shaggy 11-17-2007 09:58 PM

Well, its not so much the vb hosting. I put ffnet.net on a reseller account years ago, before I owned this server. I maxed out that reseller account and really couldn't add anymore memory on it and decided to move it to my server which is alot bigger. I tried to move the site months ago and had major problems. On this move, I still had some small problems but it turned out good. So now, more space means bigger/better ffnet.net :)

Phoenix Flame 11-18-2007 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaggy
I am going to be updating to the latest version of vb, but.....I have to get the skin designed first and I just hired a vb skin designer to start on it yesterday but it won't be done until Nov 30th. Sorry, but it takes that long to design a skin.

The reason I am not updating the forum as of yet, is that if I do, this skin we have now will not work on the newest version. So I would have to set it up as teh ugly white default skin, which just looks bad. Also, if I were to add mods to the forum, I would have to reinstall them after the new skin was put in. So be patient guys/gals. FFnet is going to brand new here by the end of the month!!

*0.0! ~_~ 0.0! *blinks* OMGYay! I can't believe my eyes... :p

That's great Shaggy. I've decided to come back/stick around as well. Hell, all of us tried as we might w/o much help for so long...it would be a shame to give up and not push through it now. I've got some personal stuff to take care of, but afterwards I'll be back.

Quote:

I mean I love the posts we did here and everything, but Google keep quoting me. I can't even do any searching for my boys without FFnet keep popping up.
LMFAO XD!

Yoko Kurama 11-20-2007 12:13 AM

Okay, I know that this is nothing really to do with FFNet as a whole, but rather, as a member specific question... I heard that the Gil system is being changed and that all of the gil that we already have will be no more... Is that true? Either way, like I said, it's not a life or death situation, but, I was just wondering...

Shaggy 11-20-2007 01:05 AM

Well, I will try to convert the gil over, but its not looking like I can.

Doctor 11-22-2007 04:56 AM

Oh dear...all o' my moneys, gone..

I've been disagreeing with the whole Gil system, anyway, though.

For one thing, I don't like how that, just to change out custom title, it costs a ridiculous amount of Gil. C'mon 500?

Sure, as an important trademark of the forum we should keep the Gil system, but all I'm saying is, couldn't things be juuuust a bit cheaper? Or maybe a lot cheaper? Or instead, more gil could be given out per post, so that certain amounts needed to customize one's profile would be more quickly and easily obtained?

I just thought I'd voice out a mention of my thoughts..if any of what I've said seems unreasonable, that's okay...it's not that important. I just thought it seemed annoying. X3

Otherwise, I'm looking forward to the changes in the forum. =]

clief101_ 11-22-2007 05:00 AM

so what's actually goin to change with this update??

oh and really great news 2 hear that its up and runnin smoothly again!!!

Shaggy 11-27-2007 04:44 PM

Skin is just about done. Once I get it, I will update the forum. I am having a hardtime finding a good RPG mod for FFnet. Anyone have any ideas of one?