Final Fantasy Network

Final Fantasy Network (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/index.php)
-   General FF Discussion (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   your first ff experience (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=482)

Zeromus_X 09-08-2005 01:34 AM

your first ff experience

the first ff i played was ff4. it will always be stuck in my head...as my avatar shows! :D after, i tried playing ff1, but i was too young when i played that, and couldnt even get past garland(very shameful...) then , i played ff6. wow! this is awesome! i said after beating it.. (mind you, they were ff2 and 3 here...)then, i didnt play ffs for awhile, but a few years later, i got dawn of souls. "what, this isnt the ff 2 i played!" (discovers the real order) then, i played the others...however, i cannot discuss the ways i obtained these downloads...fwahahaha.. :cool: then, i played ff7, ff8, and ff9. (dont worry , they werent roms...they cant make roms of those, can they? :confused: thatd take up alot of memory..) but , anyway, thats my little history of ff games... :)

ShadowHeart 09-08-2005 02:52 AM

Re: your first ff experience

My first FF was FF7.. probably because it was the first FF game to be released in Europe at all. Got it for xmas 1997 (about a month after it was released here in Sweden). I was absolutely stunned. I had never played an RPG before, and I was hooked right from the start. I had to try the older FF games out as well, and I did, just never got around to finishing any of them at that point (though I did like all of them.. except FF2 for NES probably). Then, I played FF8, FF9 and FF10, and finished FF1, FF3 and FF6 somewhere along the way :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeromus_X
then, i played ff7, ff8, and ff9. (dont worry , they werent roms...they cant make roms of those, can they? thatd take up alot of memory..)

There isn't anything called PSX roms, but you can download so-called CD-images to your computer. Yes, they are as big as CDs (CD-image = harddrive copy of a CD), but with today's harddrive sizes, you can easily fit many many CD-images on it if you like.. and today's internet speeds allows them to be downloaded pretty quickly :)

Xartex 09-08-2005 04:23 AM

the first ff i played was ff7, the first one to hit europe as shadowheart (my brother) said, and therefore i got it at the same time as he did :) ... i was to young to remember exactly what my first impressions were, but i think i liked it... after that i tried the older ones, i liked them but i suppose i was too young to really like them :(
after that i've played 8,9,10, haven't finished ff8 yet :( but i'm playing a game now and i'm on the third disc

Luis 09-08-2005 06:42 AM

Wow..family matters in Final Fantasy Network!hehe.. The first I played was FFVII too(the same again, the first released here in Europe) It was also my first RPG. That game made me buy every Final Fantasy since the seventh. I couldn't enjoy X, X-2 and the others 'cuz I don't have the PS2... :( I'll probably do it soon :p

Spiff 09-08-2005 01:36 PM

I played FF III (VI) , and hated it. I played three years later and love it to this day. :)

I think when you mature to a certain point you start to appreciate RPGs

BLaCK_MaGiC 09-14-2005 01:38 PM

:confused: iv only ever played ff7,8,9 and 6 ... oh and 10 but i played 1/2 way and got bored. i neva knew there was ones before that

ShadowHeart 09-14-2005 01:42 PM

You mean the 7 in Final Fantasy 7 didn't hint that there was 6 games before it? :)

BLaCK_MaGiC 09-14-2005 01:53 PM

well.. it might have been one of those funny named games ..... was there a breath of fire 1 or 2?

ShadowHeart 09-14-2005 02:02 PM

Yes, Breath of Fire and Breath of Fire 2 are both for SNES.

Dayne 09-14-2005 03:24 PM

My first ff experience was ff9 and i couldnt get enough of it the chocobos and moogles dazzled me=) BTW my avatar is from Breath of fire 4 :D

Max the Man 09-14-2005 09:41 PM

The first FF I ever played was FFTactics, and it wasn't even my game! :rolleyes: My sister got the game for my dad, and he had lots of troubles with it (he isn't the game playing type) so I played it, and now I am at the final dungeon, but like with most FF's I've played, I chicken out at the last dungeon (I could easily beat Altima, I just don't feel like it)

Arkacia 09-15-2005 05:04 AM

My first one was FF7. I'd heard of the FF series and seen the games in the shops but didn't have the playstation to play them on. After I bought my brothers old playstation from him, I rushed out to find a FF game, any FF game, and finally managed to get my hands on a second hand copy of FF7. It was well worth the $40 I paid for it.

Totorosama 09-16-2005 06:53 PM

It was FFVII (1990s) and the story immediately struck me as amazing. While I never finished the game yet, it was still great. FFIX's my favorite, though.

dappa 09-21-2006 11:29 AM

I've always liked rpgs but my first experience was ff7 then 8, 9 then I got anthology then origins.

Spec Highwind 09-21-2006 02:14 PM

I played FF7 when I was like 7/8 years old... And It has its special place in my heart =)