Final Fantasy Network

Final Fantasy Network (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/index.php)
-   Final Fantasy IX (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   help at Ozma (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=455)

Coelie 08-30-2005 03:06 PM

help at Ozma

Can some1 please tell me how to beat Ozma ??

ShadowHeart 08-30-2005 03:13 PM

Re: help at Ozma

Read the Ozma FAQ at GameFAQs. And remember, beating Ozma is always about luck, regardless of what anyone says. His attack sequence is always random. If you're out of luck, he pulls Meteor followed by Curse, and that's usually the end of it. If you're lucky, he does some crap moves (like Doomsday, you should be absorbing or at least be immune to Shadow magic), and then you can win.

The most important thing to keep in mind though, is that (if I remember correctly) Ozma cheats. Every time you do something in the battle, his time bar fills up completely instantly allowing him to act immediately after whatever you did. To counter that, you shouldn't do *anything* until *everyone's* time bar is full, and then do something with everyone *at once*. Otherwise you may end up with Ozma getting a turn after each of your characters' turns, in a worst case scenario, and that will mean your death. But read that FAQ, it will provide some useful tips :)

EDIT#1: And for the record, no, I haven't beaten him. I never knew that Ozma cheated, I just always thought he was insanely fast. But after reading that FAQ, I'll be damn sure to kick his ass when I get to him next time (have a game going atm).

EDIT#2: Actually, whenever you do something in the battle, Ozma's time bar will fill up and he will act BEFORE you do. This means, among other things, that Ozma will *always* get the first turn in the battle. And I found a very useful tip; enter your commands while one of Ozma's attacks are animating.. since he's attacking, his bar can't fill up, and you can safely enter commands (as long as you enter them before his attack animation ends).

EDIT#3: I just keep thinking of new stuff all the time lol. You may want to read the "Level One Ozma Challenge FAQ" at GameFAQs too, even though you're not going to attempt that. It contains some useful info too if I remember correctly :)

Totorosama 09-22-2005 01:35 AM

Who's Ozma? Which disk? 4?

ShadowHeart 09-22-2005 03:38 AM

Ozma is a super boss, much like weapons in other FF games. He's 100% optional. I find it funny how less ppl seem to be aware of him than the weapons of other FF games :)

He's in the chocobo sky garden or whatever it's called, and can't remember what you have to do to fight him. You should be able to fight him as soon as you have access there (that is, when you have a golden chocobo). But let me just say that he's incredibly tough, and a lot about whether you'll win is luck regarding what sequence of attacks he'll use.

Totorosama 09-22-2005 06:48 PM

I see. Thanks!

Coelie 09-26-2005 03:05 PM

I really found Hades the easiest boss of the whole disk 4 :eek: :cool: how abt you guys ?

gcarev10 10-06-2005 06:37 PM

legenderi sintisist of wapon hades and his two pumice pisis for anather summon.Ozma is wery strongh bat if you like me pool jors all strengh into a atack whit bare hands with litle suport magic you will win

Avathar 12-03-2005 08:58 AM

I keep thinking that Ozma is the coolest aspect of the whole Final Fantasy game; i mean, there is no reason why there is such a monster up there in the clouds, you don't know anything else about it, AND it's about 10 times stronger than Necron. :eek: It's just weird :cool: but cool :cool:

ShadowHeart 12-04-2005 06:51 PM

What can be more cool than a giant colorful ball of death?

Zeromus_X 12-04-2005 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowHeart
What can be more cool than a giant colorful ball of death?

thats what im saying :D

btw, have you seen the level one ozma video? its on eyesonff.com ...

theres also a video of a level 7 tifa killing emerald weapon...by herself...just go to the ffIX and ff VII sections.

i still havent gotten to the place hes at...you need to get more chocographs to give boko more abilities, right? or training his beak? i cant remember ^^;;

Totorosama 12-07-2005 07:31 PM

Colored ball of...nvm....but that sounds cool enough to me.

Zeromus_X 12-10-2005 05:23 AM

okay, try this link ( dial up may be long to download..)

http://media.putfile.com/Ozma

and for the lv7 tifa one...

http://n.ethz.ch/student/wmartin/vid...20Victory)/wmv

i hope they work...

gcarev10 01-08-2006 08:12 PM

have fight with all givme's in the game and his Lv99 will be Lv56 or 57 i think so that is it more easiest way to beat Ozma. Thanks A Tadeo.

gcarev10 01-22-2006 12:43 PM

1-st sorry to enter 2 times.
2-second I win the batle with Ozma, i use these caharacters and these abilities
Zidane:
Wapon: Ultima wapon
Auto-Reflect,auto- haste, auto-regen,clear headed,HP+20%
HP=5491, MP=285, Lv=74

Armant:
Wapon: Rune Clows
Auto-reflect,auto-haste,auto-regen,clear headed,HP+20%
HP=5451,MP=228,Lv=68

Steiner:
Wapon: Ragnarok
Auto-reflect,auto-haste,auto-regen,clear headed, HP+20%
HP=5911, MP=240, Lv=66

Freya:
Wapon: Dragons Hair
Auto-reflect,auto-haste, auto-regen,clear headed,HP+20%
HP= 5448,MP=283, Lv=66
For Freya atack dragon crest y mast beat 100 dragon to have 9999 atack with dragon crest
For Zidane skill Theveri steel abaut 770 to have atack 9999
For Armant trow or no mercy or revive to party who is dead
For Steiner Sward Art Shock
Ozma on me:
Atack: Berserick,Mini,Doomday,Curse (uuffff), Meteor (auuch), Curaga (on self)
for berserick and mini y have auto-reflect
for doomday and meteor y have hp 5000 or up because his atack is abaut -4000 hp to y and y have also auto-regen to cure your self
for curse y have clear headed use remedy on self
hi have also holy atack so use equipment to reduce atack by 50% or100% also that is stand for shadow.He have speed 3 times then y so hi have 3 atack and y have 1 so have auto-haste on y all party member to reduce that.
I win in 3-th times so i have luck or not.
Remember y mast have HP 5000 or up or y cant win that batle ,also have learn abilitys of high atack that si good for y.
I hope that is help for you all.

Zeromus_X 01-22-2006 04:53 PM

congrats! :)

now beat him with a level one party lol :p