View Single Post
Old 11-20-2006, 09:56 PM   #14
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

Re: Who will win the Console wars???

Out of curiousity...does anyone here have any particular reason why they voted for the PS3? I voted for the Wii because of Nintendo's way of trying to make gaming a 'normal' thing and spreading out to 'normal' people, and of trying to make innovative and new ways to make and play games. Meanwhile, Sony is driven on making thier new console a magical multimedia machine and seems to just make gaming on thier gaming console a secondary purpose. Not only that, but with the atrocious way Sony has marketed thier system (bugs, problems with backwards compatibility, and the audacity of a $600 price tag in the name of new technology that isn't even mainstream yet), I can't see why anyone in thier right state of mind would even want to vote on it. Just because Final Fantasy XIII will be on it isn't reason enough for me to shell out around enough money to pay rent for a gaming system. We don't even know when Fabula Nova Crystallis will be released anyway, so I wouldn't decide to buy it in the present just for that.

Microsoft has always remained mediocre to me, and the only game I've even been interested in is Chopin: Trusty Bell (which isn't out yet, but it is made by a division of tri-Ace), and Mistwalker's forthcoming games. Still, it doesn't promise as much as the Wii.

And omg, the Wii has a funny name. Hee hee. Let's get over it. It's pronounced like 'Wii', in tune for Nintendo's slogan of 'Wii are the Revolution' (after the Wii's codename). This isn't a big deal, and I think anyone with an ounce of maturity wouldn't condemn the system for its name.

Ranting aside, I'm not a fanchild of any of these companies. I play the systems that have the most games that appeal to me, not because they can heat my living environment, make coffee, or become my personal computer. Personally, whenever somebody has to bring in the term fanchild to an argument, they've already lost.

Well, that's all for now. I was just curious as to why everyone picked the console they voted for.
Zeromus_X is offline   Reply With Quote