View Single Post
Old 09-08-2005, 07:58 AM   #25
Luis
ˇˇ Fresón rebelde ˇˇ

Re: Racism as a factor in Katrina aftermath

Shadowheart is right. People don't need religion in order to know how to behave or what to expect of life. I think religion is an alternative to people who may be afraid of feeling alone or who need some other supports in life. I was grown in a religious education, but I think it's really good to be able to choose when you grow up and start thinking by yourself. And about this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Scaves
I don't understand, if any of y'all don't have a religion, then what's your basis on life and what prevents you from doing wrong things?
People basis on life is their education. And religion is (or may be) only a part of this education. Lots of people don't need(neither do I) religion in order to know if they're doing wrong thing. This is ethics. And I don't like a religion telling me whether my actions are good or not. I think I already can do it by myself. Anyway, it's really hard to distinguish what is well-done or what's wrong for so many people.
But again, the basis for that is in the education, and I think education has nothing to do with religion(it's my point of view). Being honest, I'll tell you that people who think their beliefs are the true ones and do not accept neither respect other people's beliefs, make me sick. :mad:
And I could keep typing about it, but I don't want to bore you neither to waste time. I hope this may guide you to the light...oops, I meant to understand other ways of thinking are as good as yours!
Luis is offline   Reply With Quote