View Single Post
Old 12-22-2007, 06:27 AM   #10

Phoenix Flame
Go Umbarbar do my bidding

Send a message via MSN to Phoenix Flame
Re: Morality and the human mind--how do we become good or evil?

WHO views the SWT as 'fair'?! o_O What's fair about killing numerous people because of superstition or religious beliefs or....fill in the blank. Its possible that those people are just ignorant - or stupid, perhaps. x3

You know, to be quite honest...sometimes this seems pointless to me: discussing religion, morality, God/gods, etc. just seems like 'I'm going to believe what I want to - you can believe what you want to...just don't mess with my beliefs and we're all good.'

But there IS Truth. Whether or not people accept it, deny it, choose to believe it - seaching it out - whatever! ._. I understand what the world is like and somewhat how it works. I don't 'preach' at people. Just say what I believe to be truth....but THAT will ultimately pale in comparison to standing before Truth itself as Yoko pointed out. Yes, dying will answer a lot of universal questions. The only REAL question I would ask is: Are you prepared?! Do you know what lies ahead, or are you mearly guessing...science can only explain so much. They can explain how neurons in the brain send impulses back and forth and create a thought....but they can't explain what consciousness really is - or what caused the universe we're in to come into being. Sure, they have 'theories.' But I think anyone - if they were honest with themselves - just OBSERVED nature. Thought a little about what they saw, what they felt and then examined what they believed to see what's going on COULD possibly conclude 'There's just got to be more to life. There's got to be more than what I can see, feel, taste....' How could all this, simply by chance, just come to be?!

Creationism, the Cosmic Battle, the Fall, the plan of Salvation/Redemption of mankind, Prophecies....they might sound somewhat out-there to someone on the outside; someone without spiritual guidance. Yet I bet if people stopped knee-jerking (reacting) and looked for THEMSELVES what these things are, it would probably make a lot more sense than some hairbrained 'man-from-ooze' theory someone cooked-up to mask/hide the truth.

*sigh* In my humble opinion anyway: looking at the evidence from both sides, my mind is made-up. I know you cannot prove to someone beyond a shadow of a doubt that there is ONE, Triune, perfect, just, all-powerful, all-knowing, LOVING, compassionate, immutable God (not even scratching the surface.) But I hope that everyone actually examines that possibility and makes a decision for themselves whether or not they choose to listen to what such a being might have to say on something like death, life, faith, love, wisdom, time, wealth - etc. Life's too short and eternity too long to NOT take a good look.
You only get one shot at life. Follow your heart.
Phoenix Flame is offline   Reply With Quote