Thread: Chapter 1
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2009, 09:19 AM   #10

clief101_
1st class SOLDIER

Re: Chapter 1

Clief awoke to the smell of a smouldering fire. He sat up, and looked around. His swords were still next to the fire, but Jayden was missing. He looked towards the chocobo, it was still there.

I wonder where Jayden went?

He stood up and wandered over to his swords. Still hazy from the battle the day before, he fell to one knee.

"You should take it easy," said a voice from behind.

Clief quickly spun around alerted, only to find Jayden staring at him with a large smile.

"Only me friend. I just went to get some water, I'll be leaving soon," he said.

Clief looked relieved and Jayden walked past him towards the chocobo. He put some bags of water over it, then gave it a stroke.

"I am curious....you were able to move so fast, and follow Kontari's movements so easily....how?" asked Clief.

Jayden hesitated, but answered his question short "through alot of training."

Clief fell silent, he knew instantly he had touched a soft spot. Jayden then changed the subject.

"I am also curious. That sword, the crystal one. It's not an ordinary sword is it?" he asked.

Clief paused for a moment

Should i say anything and reveal who i am? I dont think he has a taste for magic judging by his reacting to the fire spell yestiday. Still, he saved my life, so i think i should owe it to him....hmmm

"To be honest? I'm the last of my kind. Those bastards killed everyone...my home...my family,"

Jayden looked a little shocked, but then smirked a little.

"Then we have something in common my friend," he replied.

Both men laughed, even though feeling immense pain at what they were laughing at. It was good to laugh, it had been so long for Clief, and he had a feeling it had been for his new friend aswell.

"You say you are heading for a cave in the east?" asked Clief.

"Yes"

"Well, it could be dangerous, i think i may join you for a little bit, until you find your friend that is," Clief said with a smile on his face.

Jayden hesitated, then nodded.

"I only hope that thing can carry the both of us," Clief laughed as he pointed to the chocobo.