Old 08-19-2007, 12:44 AM   #11

Phoenix Flame
Go Umbarbar do my bidding

Send a message via MSN to Phoenix Flame
Re: FFXII: International

[QUOTE=ultimecia]
Quote:
Originally Posted by reasoniamalive
BTW: The release for this game is August in Japan - so if any of you have PS3s...you'll have to import it. Release for the US is still unknown...and they didn't release X International in the US FYI.[/QUOTE

Its actually going to be released for the PS2.

Yeah, I knew that - I originally thought that any PS1/PS2/PS3 game would play on the PS3 - thus making reginonal restrictions null...but I was wrong. .__.; Only PS3 games are restriction-free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeromus_X
Does FFX: International allow you to switch back and forth? Because other than that, I believe all of the International or Final Mix versions of the games are like that (English voices with Japanese text).

And regarding the game never being released in English speaking regions despite having English voices, it's all a marketing thing. Director's cut versions of games usually sell pretty well in Japan, however, in places like the US, they don't believe that people will pay the same money for the same game with added features. It just wouldn't sell enough to warrant releasing it out here. It's sad, but it's just something we'll have to deal with since International versions of games are never released outside of Japan, and never will be.

You may also be wondering "well, if it's only released in Japan, then why on earth are the voices in English?" It's a bit of a cultural thing, but the Japanese have a thing for the English language. They enjoy listening to the English voice cast. It's kind of like how some people here like listening to the voices in their anime in Japanese with subtitles.

Yes, Zero - they did have an option in the menu configuration that allowed you to switch the text from Japanese to English...hence why I'm able to play it.
You only get one shot at life. Follow your heart.
Phoenix Flame is offline   Reply With Quote