View Single Post
Old 07-12-2007, 09:42 AM   #2

ThroneofDravaris
Chocobo Jockey

Re: FFXII: International

Most of the additional features are pretty superfluous but I think the job system will overall make the battle system far more balanced. They are changing most spells to AoE (Area of Effect) and adding gambits like "Foe: more then 2/3 etc in range" which will probably make offensive magic slightly less then the joke it is now. There will more then likely still be a massive advantage for physical characters but at least now players will actually have to specialize a little instead of making all your characters the same. It's a pity it's come to this, since players should have had incentive to specialize from the beginning and ideally I would have like to have seen an entire re-balancing of the license board to make this possible, however this is probably the next best thing.

But yeah, I could do without most of the other things. Boss rush modes never really appealed to me and controlling guests and summons only has limited appeal (the latter will probably still be useless anyway unless they boost their power). I probably won't bother with the game unless it receives an English localization but with the release of Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix+ in a few months it that might not be such a pie-in-the-sky fantasy.
ThroneofDravaris is offline   Reply With Quote