View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 04:01 AM   #2

Doctor
Highwind Captain

Send a message via AIM to Doctor
Re: Meating your conscience

Here's something I learned through many discussions on the same topic, and similar ones;

Beef cattle, which provide us with our meat, are raised on hundreds and hundreds of pounds of food to fatten them up, every day, for one to several years, just to produce a few pounds of meat once they are slaughtered. These cattle are raised in terrible condidtions, as well; they are kept in tiny stalls, just to be fed and fed, without any exercise. Eventually their bones and muscles deteriorate, and then they can't move entirely anymore. Most of these cows don't ever get to go outside, or even see the sun...they live a pitiful existence just to eventually get slaughetered for some f***in' steaks.

And you have to think about all of the grain and food that goes into feeding the cattle; so much of it...we have enough food to feed the ENTIRE WORLD, EVERY man woman and child, 3-4 times over! But no, most of it goes into raising livestock for meat and eggs and such...there's nothing wrong with getting milk or eggs, but to see so much food wasted so that animals can get slaughtered, producing MUCH less than that of what was fed to them...it's disgusting. Simply disgusting.

Which is why I don't believe in eating meat at all; if people ate less meat, or no meat at all, then a lot more food could be saved, and could go towards feeding people that need it.

But that's just all about beef...as for other kinds of meat, even though some would disagree, saying that it would help control the population of some species, I don't think we should even try to eat other animals, such as dogs and lizards and whatnot...Unless it was ABSOLUTELY NECCESSARY, eating something that was once alive and living and breathing and feeling...just, DEVOURING it, should seem morally wrong, in most aspects..it's just as cannibalistic as eating another human being.

I don't have any concrete evidence to back up some of my statements, which is really just silly of me, but if you check out PETA's website, I'm sure you'll find something there..

(One could also point out that my statements are false, because there ARE people out there who like to implement false statements and evidence into people's minds in order to help support a seemingly good cause, but I'd rather not go into deep discussion on that. Either just take my word for it, or not...I suck at explaining things, I know. >> )