View Single Post
Old 06-08-2007, 01:05 PM   #11

ThroneofDravaris
Chocobo Jockey

Re: I need your ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis
Oh, sure familiarity helps! =D
No hostile environment means it's a good environment, thus a place to recomend to friends. It's not difficult to fit in here...
People don't see that sort of thing when they look at forums though. What they do see is a site with few active members and not a lot of discussion topics.

Quote:
About that feedback, I didn't mean to offend you actually! XD
You don't seem to care much about the Forum (about the members either, indeed)... thus I thought about no positive feedback.
I was not insulted. It's true that I have never really developed any real fondness for this forum, however that isn't to say that my suggestions to improve it are thought up arbitrarily, nor with counter-production in mind.
Quote:
But I keep thinking that it is not a good idea. It is like, if all the 'minor' Forums merged with a larger one, because they're not so big. Merging with another Forum is like... giving up the actual one.

And I'm not giving up. ^^
It wouldn't be a whole lot different then this forum taking on a variety of new members and staff.

If you are keen not merging with another forum then an alternative (although perhaps not as effective) solution would be to make a front site. Most of the more popular forums have detailed information on most of the Final Fantasy games such as walkthroughs and character data. Often, people originally visit these sites for FF information, then eventually begin to explore the forums later. Since FFNET does not have frontsite it is eliminating this potentially lucrative demographic.
ThroneofDravaris is offline   Reply With Quote