View Single Post
Old 03-10-2005, 05:15 AM   #20

~Hidan~
Highwind Pilot

Send a message via ICQ to ~Hidan~ Send a message via AIM to ~Hidan~ Send a message via MSN to ~Hidan~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Hidan~
Nichi fell asleep. The normal dream as always started.

The village was in flames and people were screaming. For the most part everything seemed normal, only this time Nichi was not killing the enemy he was slaughtering his own people. In the peoples faces that he killed he saw Malice and Magus’s faces, fighting on his side were demons. He could make out Belial’s face amongst the demons. He turned and saw Ishia and with a single blow took off her head.

Nichi sat up in a cold sweat. ‘This is not happening to me.’

He looked out the window and noticed it was midnight.

Malice appeared in the window. “Are you ok?” He said as he floated in the window. “It seems the villagers are all normal again.”

“I don’t really know if I am ok, but I’ll manage.” Nichi said shaking his head.

“Well I looked into the legends behind your eyes.” Malice said pulling out two scrolls. “To say the least they are dangerous. How I am not quite sure yet, but it seems that you’ll be safe as long as you can talk yourself out of doing evil things, evil becomes evil and well it will also become very tempting. Should you loose it and start becoming more and more evil well, let’s just say it’s over for you being a saint and a nice person.”

“I figured. I just had a dream that I killed you and magus and joined forces with the demons. I can’t have that happen.” Nichi thought of the image of killing Ishia.

“Don’t worry we’ll keep you in line, however Belial is getting to the point of pissing me off.” Malice looked at Nichi. “I don’t trust him, in fact every time he looks at me I trust him less.”

“I don’t trust him either. However we don’t have much choice now do we? It’s painfully obvious that he is evil, but he also has some good in him and so long as he has that, well he has a lot to loose by letting the world die as well.”

“I’m not talking about that. I think he knows more about these eyes then he is letting on.” Malice said looking out the window. “And if not him then that little thing that follows him knows more.”

Nichi stood up and stretched. “If they know more and are keeping it from me then it might be for the best.” He smiled.

Meanwhile…..

Belial sat in the moonlight with Ensayne.

“I don’t think its right to not tell him what he’s in store for.” Belial said. He almost felt bad for Nichi, but there wasn’t much he could do.

“If he knows he is going to die and be reborn in the next 15 days he might just try to make you pay for it before he does die.” Ensayne said harshly. “I’ve never known you to give two cents about a mortal anyways.”

Belial glared at Ensayne. “You know damn well why I give a shit. He is the only hope either of us has in living to see the next century.”

Ensayne nodded. “If he dies, he won’t be Nichi anymore, you know that. He’ll be someone sort of like him. He’ll have some of him memories, possibly some of his personality, but he won’t think or act the same.”

Magus stood up from behind a small brick wall. “So what are we supposed to do for him?” Magus looked pretty pissed. “How are we supposed to help out Nichi, we can’t have him die on us.”

Belial with a look of surprise looked over at Magus. “You, the one I least expected to be listening in on me.” Belial grinned. “We can’t do anything but hope that when the change happens he doesn’t come back evil, at least not too evil. If he still has some good in him well, there is a chance that he will be able to keep control.”

Magus turned. “You better hope he turns out ok.”

“I wouldn’t tell him what you know.” Ensayne said calmly.

“I know I won’t, the way I figure it, the less anger he feels right now the more likely he will return as a Nichi willing to help us.” Magus left.

The group formed at the gate the next morning ready to head to the next town. Nichi looked out of it but ok overall.

Malice had decided he was going to take charge now. “Ok guys we have a lot more people to save. Let’s get this show on the road.” They left behind the town and moved on to the horizon in hopes of what might be in store for them next.