View Single Post
Old 06-23-2005, 09:31 AM   #15

FFnut
Master Thief

Location: The space between dimensions... kinda like where Gilgamesh ends up in FF5.
Re: Favorite Villian

Interesting new question...

I notice very many people like Sephiroth, but nobody's mentioned Queen Brahne. Why?

I mean, they both fill the exact same niche - former mentor who's gone insane and spends the majority of the game being chased by the heroes.

My favorite villain of each, and my reasons:

FF1 - Garland. I mean, the knock you all down line? Classic.

FF2 - The Dark Knight. Sure, his entire story is now a clichè, but that wasn't so back when the game was made.

FF3 - N/A

FF4 - Hm... Golbez was a pretty good boss, but the only really evil thing had almost no story. I'll go with Golbez.

FF5 - The recurring villain wins here. Gilgamesh. I mean, he's funny, he won't die, and he ends up a good guy at the very end. And then he comes back in FF8 to beat the hell out of Seifer. How could you not like him?

FF6 - Kefka, definitely. His only weakness (and thus the only way anyone could possibly think he's a bad villain) is an almost non-existent motive for what he did. Still, he got pushed around in the beginning and became a god. I can't really see what more motive you people need.

FF7 - Recurring villain wins again! That's right, there's no way that you can dispute the coolness here. Sephiroth pales horribly in comparison. Go Turks!

FF8 - So hard to choose... in these later games they don't really have bad guys, just misguided people... uh, Adel? Ultimecia? Edea? Whichever one of those three was the most evil.

FF9 - Urgh... much as I hate to admit it, Necron gets this one. Kuja was awful, I can't count Garland because he already won in FF1, and Brahne... is like Sephiroth, like I said at the top of this post. Necron reminds me of Castlevania: Lament Of Innocence, when you defeat the vampire you've been trying to kill all game and then Death appears for the final battle.

FFX - Well, Yu Yevon was complete bull, and Jecht wasn't really evil (although his music was awesome). Seymour wins by default... only really EVIL guy there.

FFT - Too many villains to count... we've got the Lucavi, Delita, the greedy bastards who want power for themselves...

So there you have it. Of course, that says nothing about my all-time favorite villain, who hails from the Chrono series - Lavos. Anyway, feel free to dispute any of these (I especially want to see what people think about the Sephiroth/Brahne thing).

"Only an egotistical bastard would sig himself." ~ FFnut

That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die.

Commander Of The Platinum Dragons

Official Ex-Member
FFnut is offline   Reply With Quote