View Single Post
Old 04-07-2005, 04:45 PM   #44

FFnut
Master Thief

Location: The space between dimensions... kinda like where Gilgamesh ends up in FF5.
Palis, The Year 699 Ishia, Adinem

Magus walked out of the inn, noticing Nichi and Malice practicing their fighting techniques. He took a deep breath of the clean air and smiled. As he started walking towards them, he remembered something and started gliding quickly.

Belial looked up from the minor demon summoning and noticed Magus floating a few inches above the ground towards them. He grinned. "Now this one's here. What does he want?"

Nichi turned towards Magus. "What's up?"

Magus stopped abruptly and lowered himself to the solid ground. "Nichi... who's Kain?"

Nichi and Belial looked like they had just been hit by bricks. "How do you know about Kain?" Belial's voice was a low whisper. "Who told you about..."

Magus was surprised. Is this Kain person really that bad? he wondered.

Nichi whispered as well. "Kain is... well... how do you know about him?"

Magus took the second piece of Dreamstone from his pocket. "The Dreamstone. I found another piece outside the town. I got a memory hidden within it transported into my brain, or something. That's why I wanted to know when it had last rained when I found the other one - the memory was of a rainy day. Now the person in this memory mentioned Kain. Who is it?"

Nichi nodded to Belial, who looked around to make sure nobody could hear before continuing. "One of the demons of the Spire of Khan. They're the rulers of Drasonia - the entire area outside of Gracia's jurisdiction."

Magus gasped. Schala... dammit... "So when are we going to this spire and killing these demons?"

Belial let out a cross between a cough and a laugh. "Killing these demons? You really think we can deal with these demons ourselves?"

Magus shook his head. "We have Titania. She took out your sleeper, didn't she? She should be able to take out these damned demons. I think we can- GAH!" He fell to the ground, looking as if a hurricane had just hit him. He was clutching his ears and rolling around on the ground.

The sound assaulting Magus's ears was deafening. He could feel it all around him, even if nobody else could. The sound grew ever louder...

Palis, The Year 699 Ishia, Somewhere

Schala screamed. She heard the same horrifying sound that Magus heard so far away. She held the sides of her head, trying to block it out. She felt the amazing force grow around her. "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!"

Palis, The Year 699 Ishia, Adinem

The sound subsided. The feeling vanished. Magus stood up, looking as if he'd gotten a little drunk. He looked over at Nichi and Belial. "That was... the black wind..." he rasped. "It... travels through time and space... and worlds, as well... whenever some powerful evil occurs, it blows. It blew many times back on Earth... but never... it was never that strong..." He regained his composure. "Some sort of unbelievably terrible thing must be happening now. I mean, things that threatened the world itself never caused more than a slight breeze. That felt like a tornado. Only I can feel it... at least, back on Earth only three of us could. Myself, my mother and..." he trailed off. He closed his eyes. After a few breaths, he opened them again. "Well, guys, care to invite me to your little practice session?"

"Only an egotistical bastard would sig himself." ~ FFnut

That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die.

Commander Of The Platinum Dragons

Official Ex-Member