View Single Post
Old 03-01-2007, 06:24 AM   #1

Phoenix Flame
Go Umbarbar do my bidding

Send a message via MSN to Phoenix Flame
How have you asked another out?

K, so I was at homegroup tonight and we were talking about male/female relationships; specifically, how one might ask the opposite sex out on a date...even a social 'date.'

So here's why the post: we want to know how you may have asked a new friend, casual acquaintance, love interest, etc. out the first time. What words did you use, how was your composure at the time, and...perhaps more importantly, your would-be date's reaction to your proposal. Please be as honest as possible.

You may also wish to state your reaction to a proposed date... its all good.

I guess I'll begin.

I met Susie at work. She's Asian, so she kinda stood-out (in a good way.) I was never candid with my emotions, so - opposed to stating my interest in intimate dating - I asked her to coffee one night before we elected to work some overtime hours. It was really casual/simple. We had a fabulous time getting to know one another and a few weeks later we had breakfast. We developed a really strong friendship that lasts to this day...romance came a couple of months later (this was over 4 years ago now.)

So how about it. I'll post another story here once in a while as needed to keep the thread alive.
Phoenix Flame is offline   Reply With Quote