View Single Post
Old 02-05-2008, 10:41 PM   #6

Dartvalince
T-Rexuar Snack

Send a message via AIM to Dartvalince
Re: Final Fantasy XI

I only play the game for about 2-3 hours a night b/c of work and family. Even though it's $12.95/month, I still enjoy it. The only downfall is the simple facts about the game. This game is built with the idea that it's really hard to complete missions unless you do it as a "party". Leveling up takes time and effort and at times it seems like it's really not worth it but, it's going to be that way with any MMORPG. Also FFXI has a very intricate Job system that allows you to combo it with "sub-jobs". Not only that it has the different "Craft" skills, Guilds, Conquests, and the actual story. Plus because it's a fee based game, the server is updated regularly with new quests, and fun little events. You also have the Linkshells which add a great sense of community among the players.

If you can at least get about 15 hrs/week then you'll be ok. Like i was saying above the game has TONS to offer, so much in fact that it came seem overwhelming. If your going to get it for your laptop then i suggest going to your local Gamestop and getting the FFXI starter pack for like $1.99. It includes the original game and you get a month free, which is a cheap good way to test it out.

If you do get it and play....I'm in the Bahamut World (server) and my name is Dartvalince.
Dartvalince is offline   Reply With Quote