View Single Post
Old 02-19-2007, 05:45 PM   #3
Slider
Master Summoner

Re: The FF8 tip page

Meh tnx, but i don care about credits, m jus doin in it for the sake of the game !
I'm jus glad it's helpin somebody!

Alright let's get to work:

This time for the FF8 high level professionnal who prefer physical attacks and limit breaks, I'll be throwin in some to tips to complete your Weapon Monthly magazine, also some tips on how to get some weapons and where to find their items, then finally some Limit Break explanation!

Weapon Monthly Guide:

- Althought you can buy all the issues at the Esthar bookshop, but you'll have to be very patient to get there, you can obtain all the issues before you arrive to Esthar even,so here's where you can find the issues in the order of events:

- March Issue (Revolver, Metal Knuckle, Flail, Chain Whip):

You automatically get it after defeating Elvoret, that was Squaresoft's way to introduce the magazine, but now it's up to you to find the rest

- April Issue(Shear Trigger, Maverick, Pinwheel, Valiant):
After finishing the SeeD exam, you'll find it in Squall's room

- May Issue (Cutting Trigger, Valkyrie, Ulysses, Slaying Tail):
This has confused alot of people, but to clear it out you CAN'T get the magazine in sewers with Quistis Zell and Selphie (althought you can only see it behind a door), so to get it you have to use either Rinoa or Squall and Irvine when sneaking into the Presidental Palace (Sorceress Assassination) and access the sewers from there (before climbing the crates) to get the magazine

- June Issue (Flame Saber, Gauntlet, Morning Star, Red Scorpion):
The only other magazine that you don't have to look for, you get it after defeating BGH251F2 in the missile base

- July Issue (Twin Lance, Rising Sun, Bismark, Crescent Wish):
After the Garden fights, look around in the Training Center and you'll find it (sorry I can't be more specific but I can't remember more than that)

- August Issue (Punishment, Ehrgeiz, Cardinal, Save the Queen):
There's a treasure a few steps south of the gargoyle, that be the Trabia gargoyle statue (gargoyles can be found in all 3 Gardens main gates, ok i'm driftin off) anyways walk slowly south of the statue (where Selphie's friend is sitting) and you'll find it on the floor

- The First Issue (Lion Heart, Shooting Star, Exeter, Strange Vision):
Bein the very first (and most awesome) issue from Weapon Monthly, it existed before Squall's time, yeh you got to get it during the past -so called dream world- as Laguna. After escaping from Lunatic Pandora, go back there and talk to (it was either Dr. Odine or his assisstant) one of them will have it!

Now for the weapons, and how to get their items (Ordered by Characters):
(Small note: The "where to find items excludes the Card Mod way and all GF refining abilities, since I figured not everyone is a card game fan + it'll do you some good to look around and get to know the game more. Only exception is the Lionheart's Pulse ammo in which you'll need the Ammo-RF ability of Ifrit)

Squall:

Revolver:

6 M-Stone Pieces (Really common, most commonly obtainned from Bite Bugs, Caterchipillars, Glacial Eyes, Red Bats, Buels, Fungars + many others)
2 Screws (Screws can be found most commonly from Geezards, but sometimes some machines drop it)

Shear Trigger:

4 Screws (Screws can be found most commonly from Geezards, but sometimes some machines drop it)
1 Steel Pipe (You can get it from Wendigos, sometimes from machines)

Cutting Trigger:

1 Mesmerize Blade (You normally get one from Mezmerizes)
8 Screws (Screws can be found most commonly from Geezards, but sometimes some machines drop it)

Flame Sabre:

1 Betrayal Sword (You can get that from a Blitz or a Forbidden)
4 Screws (Screws can be found most commonly from Geezards, but sometimes some machines drop it)
1 Turtle Shell (Aramdodos and Adamantoises got those)

Twin Lance:

1 Dino Bone (You seriously didn't know? ok it's from T-Rexaurs)
2 Red Fangs (Hard to get item, my sources are Hexadragons and Chimeras)
12 Screws (Screws can be found most commonly from Geezards, but sometimes some machines drop it)

Punishment:

1 Chef's Knife (Tonberries got those [and fight you with it])
8 Screws (Screws can be found most commonly from Geezards, but sometimes some machines drop it)
2 Star Fragments (This is a little hard to get, try the following list: Iron Giants, Ruby Dragons, Anacondaurs, Tri-Faces. It depends on their levels + these aren't the only ones)
1 Turtle Shell (Aramdodos and Adamantoises got those)

Lionheart:

1 Adamantine (Found also from Adamantoise)
4 Dragon Fangs (Try the dragons, like Hexadragon, Blue Dragon, a Grendel is also a dragon)
12 Pulse Ammo (You MUST refine the ammo from items using Ifrit's Ammo-RF ability, but I'm not lettin you down and will tell you how to get the items, ok here we go:
10 Pulse Ammo can be refinned from 1 Energy Crystal (Get it from Elnoyles, some Behemothes and Ruby Dragons)
5 Pulse Ammo can be refinned from 1 Laser Canon (Most commonly MobileType 8 if you're lucky, and there's also Elastoids then Belhelmel)
20 Pulse Ammo can be refinned from 1 Power Generator (I'm not too sure, but try machines that use Ray Bomb like X-ATM092 or GIM52A if you don't want to miss the FMV)

I knew this post wasn't enough to keep that much info ;ouc so the rest is pushed into the next post

Last edited by Slider; 02-23-2007 at 03:18 PM.
Slider is offline   Reply With Quote