View Single Post
Old 03-09-2005, 12:04 PM   #18

Drazniich
T-Rexuar Snack

Belial shook his head. "I suppose that I shall have to figure out a way to fix this..." he said, examining his cane. "On the upshot, you'll at least get to try new things."

Nichi grabbed Belial by the coat, raising him off the ground. "I'm glad you find this funny and all, but what happens next?"

Belial looked down at Nichi's hands, then at Nichi's face. Nichi set him down. "Ask the damn sprite, I suppose. She seems to know a lot."

She shrugged. "That's all I know."

Belial adjusted his hat. "I hate to say it, but for better or worse, you're gonna live with it for now. Next time, try to keep your eyes in your own head."

He stalked down the street. Malice glared at him. "He's a lot of trouble, you know." he whispered to Magus.

"How does he survive, acting so reckless?" Magus wondered outloud. Nichi pointed.

"He survives because he's smart. He plays the odds against each other, damnit, and somehow, he seems to come out on top."

As Belial passed a door, a white and black blur slammed into his side, crashing him through the opposite side of the street. Malice and Magus broke into a run. Nichi started walking slowly.

"Well." Belial coughed, standing up. "That wasn't very polite."

The blur turned out to be a shirtless male, with a large red crystal gleaming in his chest. He held a pair of punching daggers, and his boots had small blades pointing out.

Belial raised his hand. "Do you have any last requests befor-"

He was cut off as the thing shrieked at him, lunging forward and bringing his foot across the demon's face. Belial spun, dropping to a knee. "Must play nicely..." he growled.

Malice put his hand against Magus' chest. "This could be fun." he smiled, sprinting forward. The attacker turned on his heel, and blades clashed.

While the crystal baring monster seemed to be all on the offensive, Malice's footwork counter balanced him. The speed was nearly defing vision, but there was no mistaking that Malice's technique was his only hope.

The punching daggers kept coming in high to reach at Malice's throat. Malice, in turn, kept blocking them both, moving his legs away from the bladed kicks. Suddenly, he planted his foot on the attacker's knee, and vaulted up, doing a flip to land headfirst with both daggers extended into the creature's collarbone.

It shrieked, flinging Malice against another wall, which he rebounded off of for a dive roll. COming in low, he stripped the creature's legs, just missing the responding attacks. He threw an excellent leg sweep to knock it off balance, then rose up with a spinning heel kick.

The creature hit the ground face down. Malice cracked his neck. "Want somemore?"

It flipped over, its wounds begining to mend almost instantly. "Ah hell..." he cursed.

Magus' awaiting scythe pinned the abomination to the ground, right through the chest. Without warning, Belial's whip latched around its leg, tearing it from the hip.

He wound up and took the other leg off. Nichi had reached the pandamonium. Before anyone could speak, he leaned over and ripped the thing's head off.

He shattered the gem with his heel. "I don't have time for these damn games." he hissed. THen he composed himself. "Sorry, I'm a little testy."

Belial retracted his weapon. "Yes, and I am a little restrained. And Malice is a little quick, and Magus is a little lost. Do you see the patern?"

"DON'T MOCK ME!" Nichi shouted. Belial held his cane out behind him, striking a stance.

"I gave you those eyes, I can take em' away." Belial warned. It was only half true. He'd have to kill him, of course, and he couldn't, but the demonic motto would always be 'me before you.'

Belial snapped his fingers. His mount decended. "I'll have you know those eyes are priceless, and besides that, I meant no harm in giving them." he actually seemed a little upset. "I try to keep my word, you know."

Malice raised an eyebrow. "Demon? HOnor?"

"We have a very strict code of laws, thank you." Belial snapped. "Ones which keep us from total annihilation."

He started down the street. "I am going to research a bit on those eyes. I suggest you all play nicely in the meanwhile."