View Single Post
Old 05-22-2006, 03:42 AM   #44

Spiff
Kung-Fu Fighter

Send a message via AIM to Spiff Send a message via MSN to Spiff
Re: Chapter 4: Domination

The wind had been blowing strong for hours as General Hige approached his base. A single soldier raced up to him seemingly out of breath, "Sir, Lord Kani wishes to see you." he said grasping for air. Hige sighed, "I'll need a moment.", hoping that Kani had not heard that he had placed several guards around Malice's body. To his disappointment the soldier replied, "My Lord said it was most urgent that you are there."

Hige's heart sank into his bowels. He knew what was going on, Kani had either seen or heard of what had happened. Either way he didn't care, whatever punishment laid in store for him was nothing.

He walked towards the tent where his judgement would be decided. For once he felt he could hold his head up high. As Hige stepped into the tent, in the tent were three guards and Kani, once inside his eyes met with Kani's eyes. "What's news do you being from the battlefront?", Kani asked casually not wanting to give anything he knew away. "I fought Llideah but was defeated and she escaped.", Hige said looking at Kani.

Kani paused in silence as if he was examining the scene that was unfolding in front of him. Hige stood there not wanting to break the silence that had engulfed the tent. After a couple of minutes that felt like an enternity Kani spoke, "Why do you lie to me?". Hige had seen this coming, "I don't understand." he lied.

Kani looked disappointed, "Two chances? The most I give anyone is one, I guess you should feel special. All you had to do was kill one person and I would have been satsified. But you let her go, and I'm not interested why, you traitor." He signaled to his guards and they started to unsheath their swords. Almost instantly Hige drew his sword and sliced off the right guard's sword arm. Then he leapt at Kani and held his bloody sword at Kani's throat, "Death is too good for evil but I'll make an exception." Before he could do anything another guard hit him with the butt of his sword, knocking Hige unconscience.

With his lifeless body fallen on the ground the soldiers look at Kani for his command, "Some would say he's too good of a soldier to kill, but we can fix that. I want to burn his eye out." The guards looked at Kani with nervousness, "Which one my Lord?"

"Both of them..."

Last edited by Spiff; 05-22-2006 at 03:45 AM.