Thread: Cheating
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2008, 07:42 AM   #108

Phoenix Flame
Go Umbarbar do my bidding

Send a message via MSN to Phoenix Flame
Re: Cheating

Someday, I'd love to sit down and disect the excuses I gave myself to cheat...the reasons I told myself that I was justified. I think that part of that voice was programming/the culture/etc., but the other part was something dark, malevolent, sollen and basted in isolation and cooked in anger. Everyone has their own excuses/reasons for cheating, but that doesn't give the individual any right to hurt their significant other like that. As far as forgiving themselves...I think that that's really up to the individual. It took me a while to accept what happened and seek forgiveness. I think you can really only find that in humility. I can identify with the ignorance of my surrounding culture, but I think Leon's right. When the day ends, we all have to own-up to what we did with that day. And while cheating may be less on the scale of a game of 'who's the biggest loser,' the potential and realized consequences aren't worth a few fleeting moments of enjoyment. When its staring you in the face and its your emotions on the line - the decision might not look as befitting as to what's going on in your heart and how you feel...but you should always take the other person's feelings into consideration. How would YOU feel if they did this to you? Honestly?

This is just a side note: watch the language from now on...that goes for everyone. Anger doesn't excuse breaking rules either y'know. ;p
You only get one shot at life. Follow your heart.
Phoenix Flame is offline   Reply With Quote