View Single Post
Old 06-16-2005, 04:28 PM   #19

FFnut
Master Thief

Location: The space between dimensions... kinda like where Gilgamesh ends up in FF5.
Re: Chapter 3: In The Clouds

Nowhere, Never, The Darkness

Frozen.

Floating in the darkness.

Even now I feel the nothing creeping around me.

I hate this place more than is possible. I want nothing more than to escape and go back home...

What is this feeling? Remorse? Impossible! I am (Janus Zeal) Magus, lord of the Mystics! I will return home to (The Kingdom Of Zeal) my castle! I will summon Lavos to (get revenge) destroy everything and everyone!

If only they could see me now. Great Lord Magus. Missing his home. A failure. I miss the ones who cared about me. I miss (Schala) Ozzie most. Ozzie raised me to be the leader of the Mystics, only (The Gurus) Ozzie believed I could have more powerful magic than (my sister and mother) the other Mystics.

I don't care. I'll destroy all the worthless humans. I'll rip them apart. They'll feel pain. I'll get revenge on (Lavos) them!

Revenge for what? What did they ever do to me?

(They didn't do anything to you. The war with them was a cover.)

What?

(A cover so you could destroy Lavos. Get revenge on him taking you away.)

Away?

(Taking you away from Schala.)

Schala...

Schala...

"Schala!" cried Janus.

(Don't worry, Janus. Everything will be alright.)

"B-b-but Schala... where'd she go...?"

"She came to Palis," answered Magus. "She came here and I followed her."

(That's right, Magus.)

"What-what's Palis?" asked the young boy.

"It's a place. A place far away, in another dimension," responded Magus. "Don't worry. She'll be safe."

"No she won't!" Janus's cry echoed throughout the nothingness. "She won't be okay! That monster's going to kill her!"

Magus shook his head. "No. No. NO! She's still alive. She has to be. That Lavos Spawn didn't kill her."

"Are you sure? Did you see her alive?" Janus whispered.

Magus shook his head, sinking to his knees. "No..."

(Pull yourself together! You can't have an identity crisis now! Not while your friends are relying on you!)

"How can you have an identity crisis? You're not even real," said Janus. "I'd never grow up to be something so mean, so blindly believing in something."

Magus looked up. "You have no idea, Janus. You have no idea what your future is like."

"Or maybe you've forgotten your past, Magus. Maybe you forgot what you used to be like and how they can never be connected."

(Come on! Fight back! You can do it!)

"They are connected. Important things can change a person, as long as one thing stays constant."

"Oh? What is that constant then, Magus?"

"Schala. I still want to save Schala. Even when I was Janus I'd never give up hope that she was going to live forever. Even Janus didn't think Schala would die."

"And you still uphold that belief?"

"Even beyond the end of time."

(YES!)

Palis, The Year 0 Aikia, Chimera Woods

Magus woke with a start. Glenn froze, sword ready in case Magus tried to hurt him again.

(Calm down, calm down. Hey, boys, guess who the prophet was?)

Doreen!

(No, silly, he wasn't me. He was the prince!)

Big Sis! You found us!

(Yeah, and I had one hell of a time trying to get that shadowy thing out of Magus's dreams. I sifted through his memories while I was in there, so I know his whole story.)

Yeah, nobody should mess with Big Sis when it comes to dreams!

Glenn glanced at the sword. "Care to introduce us?"

Oh! This's our big sister Doreen. We haven't seen her since Zeal fell!

Yeah, Masa! It's been a long time since we hung out with her!

(Well then, you two, feel like squeezing over a bit?)

The sword flew from Glenn's grasp, floating in the air. Suddenly the blade became thinner and more jagged, and...

...a second blade extended from the bottom of the hilt.

The now two-ended sword floated back into Glenn's hands.

(MASTERMUNE!)

Magus grinned. "Nice sword. Think you can handle it?"

Glenn twirled the Mastermune expertly. "I shall manage," he said, also smiling.

Palis, The Year 0 Aikia, Chimera Woods

In the darkness, a shadowy creature howled in rage over losing its hold over one of its prey. Angry, it focused more of its illusory powers on its remaining quarry.

"Only an egotistical bastard would sig himself." ~ FFnut

That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die.

Commander Of The Platinum Dragons

Official Ex-Member