Thread: Chapter 1
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 11:00 AM   #36

clief101_
1st class SOLDIER

Re: Chapter 1

"Hey Clief! How are you feeling? Are you feeling better?" asked Jayden.

"I guess so?" replied Clief.

"Good, because i dont want you losing to me only to complain that you were sore!" Jayden joked.

Clief laughed at this remark, feeling slightly happier that Jayden was so upbeat.

"Nari and Cato aren't fighting?" Clief asked.

Jayden shook his head, but now looked at Clief more seriously. He sat down next to him, crouched over, wispering the story about the royal guards.

"I figure that whoever of us wins, we can ask the king about Seri, what do you think?" Suggesting Jayden.

Clief thought for a moment, then said "you would have to win then"

Jayden looked suprised at this.

"You've actually met Seri, and are on this mission, not I. You know more about her than what i do. You should be the one to win....if we both make it to the finals that is" Clief said.

Jayden realised that what Clief said was true, then thought about how the tournament was going to be fought.

"Say Clief, are we fighting these other people or against monsters?"

"Well, there are 28 people in this tournament. You were the last to sign up, no more spots are vacant. We fight monsters to start with, until there are 12 of us left. Another words,all 28 of us are in the 1 battle ground, and the surviving 12 go to the finals, then we are pitted against eachother. The first to give up or die loses." He said.

Jayden looked surprised by this information. He didnt know of the dangers this tournament possessed.

'Dont worry, we have eachothers backs dont we?" Clief asked.

Jayden nodded, and extended his arm. Clief grabbed his his hand and shook it vigourisly.

"WILL THE CONTESTANTS PLEASE ENTER THE ARENA

"I guess thats our queue," Clief said, struggling to stand up.

Jayden noticed and offered his help, but Clief shrugged him off.

"Just a little cramped, nothing to worry about," He said smiling.

They both walked towards the arena, the dark became light, and Clief hear lots of cheering.

Good luch Jayden