Thread: Chapter 1
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 10:59 AM   #46

clief101_
1st class SOLDIER

Re: Chapter 1

Clief glanced at the board, it appeared the strange man was fighting in the other group.

Well thats a relief, we wont have to fight him 'till the last round

"Looks like your fight is before mine friend," Clief said to Jayden.

Jayden looked a little nervous as he waited for his turn to fight.

"WILL THE FIRST CONTESTANTS ENTER THE STADIUM! KRAGEL, HOEMIEM AND HITASKI!!" boomed the announcer.

3 men stood up, including the strange man from earlier, and walked through the hallway towards the stadium.

"It's a wierd system this. We fight 3 on 3, then 2 on 2 the rest of the matches. It must be to make the tournament faster?" Clief wondered.

"Perhaps? It just means I have to watch me back aswell as my front thats all," Jayden replied.

"I THINK THAT WAS THE FASTEST BATTLE I'VE EVEN SEEN FOLKS! KRAGEL IS THE WINNER!!" boomed the announcer as the man named Kragel walked back through to the locker rooms.

It was the strange man from before.

What!? Already? But how is that possible!?

"You've got to be kidding me!" Jayden exclaimed.

"Perhaps we should rethink our strategy now....I think its dangerous going up against him. I have a bad feeling. I dont think we can afford to lose to him. If we do, he'll meet our king," Clief suggested.

Jayden nodded his head as the announcer called out the next 3 fighters. 3 other men got up and walked out, all of them shaking, not wanting to win and face Kragen.

"Look at them, they're terrified!" Clief examined.

"Wouldnt you be if you knew you had to go up against him?" Jayden replied.

That does make sense...i dont think i want to go up against him....but perhaps i should? Jaydens melee technique isnt good enough, and im not sure what use his arrows would be against him...he moves very quick. But would I do any better?

Clief looked down thinking this over in his head.

What should we do? Should i tell Jayden my thoughts? Would he get offended if I said I thought I was better suited to go up against him? Damnit!

After roughly 30 minutes one of the men walked through to the locker rooms. He looked exhausted, and a little banged up, but other than that he looked to be doing okay. Jayden looked at Clief, Clief nodded at him.

"Come back in here alright?" Clief said.

Jayden nodded his head as he stood up after hearing his name being called out. He turned away and walked through the hallway towards the light.