Thread: Chapter 2
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 06:46 AM   #6

rissole25
Highwind Captain

Re: Chapter 2

Jayden woke up. He looked at himself, noticing that he was much smaller then what he was. He looked around and saw his Wooden Bow by his bedroom door.

Is this...

"Jayden", yelled his mother, "Breakfast is ready". Jayden got up and looked around his room. He looked out the window into the town. The sun was shining in the courtyard. All of the Ortin were out, enjoying the day. He turned and walked out of his room and down the stairs, knowing that everyone would soon perish.

He got down stairs and saw his father talking to a man in a black robe.

Dad...

He could even hear what they were talking about.

"...and that's by we think the Tangi will invade this village", said the man

"I see", said his father, with a hint of concern in his voice.

What! They know there coming? Thats great.

Jayden went to run over to his father to tell him that they would attack today, but for some odd reason he couldn't control his body movements anymore.

What the...

He started automatically walking over to the table, just like he did 10 years earlier.

I guess you can't change the past after all...

Jayden started feeling sad. His mother came over with a plate full of toast.

"Eat up dear", said his mother, with a tear in her eye.

She must know as well

"Don't cry", said Jayden, smiling at her. He was sad but he couldn't change what happened so he ended up smiling.

She smiled, but at the same time more tears were streaming down her eyes. Jayden finished his breakfast. He stayed sitting at the table and saw that he his mother was now talking to his father and the man. And he could hear them again.

"You should get him out of here soon", said the man

"But, asked his mother. "Why is it only him that has to leave. Why aren't the other children being told to hide?"

"Honey", said his father. "Jayden has been blessed by the dragon god Bahumat. That is why the Tangi are coming. To destroy him. He must get away from our town".

"Renae", said the man, now talking to Jayden's mother. "The children will be kept in a safe house underground. The townspeople will gather into one place. The Tangi will think that he's there and attack us. We'll all put up a fight and give Jayden time to get away. But after that..."

"Alright, thank you", said his father. The man walked out of the house with a rush.

"Kjinn...", said Jayden's mother. She didn't say anything. She walked over to the table, where she grabbed a sack, and walked back with it, giving it to Jayden.

"Jayden", said his father. "Your gonna go hunting by yourself today".

"Really!", replied Jayden, broken on the inside.

"Yep", said his father. "You don't need me to supervise you anymore". He walked over to the weapons rack where his father's bow was kept. He took it down and walked back to Jayden, giving it to him.

"Your giving this to me", said an excited Jayden.

"Of course. Your gonna need a real bow if your gonna go hunting by yourself".

Jayden smiled. The past Jayden was excited on the inside but the present Jayden was sad.

"Now Jayden", said his mother, whos tears had nearly gone away. "The sack I gave you is full of food and water. We want you to stay out there until the sun starts to set".

"Really", said Jayden. "That long. Wow".

"Oh and there arrows in the sack as well", said his father.

"Alright", piped Jayden. His father hugged him very tightly and gave him a kiss. His mother hugged him for longer and even more tighter. Jayden wanted to keep hugging her but had to let go. She gave him one last kiss.

"Alright, sweetie.......we'll see you later...", said his mother.

"Alright. Cya tonight". He waved to them and walked out the door. Past Jayden wondering why they were upset, while present Jayden realizing he'd never see them again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissole25 View Post
My 1000th post was about you Leon
rissole25 is offline   Reply With Quote