View Single Post
Old 01-27-2008, 06:53 AM   #2

Phoenix Flame
Go Umbarbar do my bidding

Send a message via MSN to Phoenix Flame
Re: Ask about...God?! ?_?

Q: So if God exists, what does that mean to me?

A: Well, this is sort of a mixed answer...I'll try to keep it as short/concise as possible. Its in two parts I think, and its important to note that it ONLY matters if God has anything to say about us and the way we live our lives....or cares about us at all.

...its good to know that He does care - as these verses point out:

* Psalm 33:13-14 - From heaven the LORD looks down and sees all mankind; from his dwelling place he watches all who live on earth

* David praying to God - Psalm 119:73 - Your hands made me and formed me; give me understanding to learn your commands.

* Again, In Romans, Paul reveals this piece of scripture - Romans 9:20-21 - But who are you, O man, to talk back to God? "Shall what is formed say to him who formed it, 'Why did you make me like this?' Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for noble purposes and some for common use?

* Hagar (Heygar), after being mistreated and forced to flee her home, intended to die in the desert when God showed up. He promised her a future for her and her unborn son. She then said to Him (God) 'You are the God who sees me.' So you see, God is interested in our lives - first He formed us and He watches over us. So then, we're almost 1/2 way done answering the question...

The first part of the answer is: God exists, He's looking out for/watching over us - so we MIGHT want to know what He's like - what He wants - WHO He is...and maybe what He expects of us.

I believe that - in order to have the title 'God' One would have to be incredibly powerful and wise, all-knowing, always present, perfect or without fault..... With all that power and might - I wouldn't want to 'tick Him off.' XD; So I'd like to know as much as possible as what He's like and if there's anything I could do to get on his 'Nice List.' = P

The second (and last) part of the answer I'll cover is: what does our lives look like when compared to what God expects of us? This may seem kinda simple: you don't do your homework, you get crap grades on projects/tests - you fail school...well - school is only a small part of life; and its only a ruler to measure how the SCHOOL SYSTEM thinks you're doing...God's ruler is a LOT longer.

1 Samuel 16:7b - The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.

We should, therefore, keep a close watch over our hearts...

Proverbs 4:23 - Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.

...because...

Matthew 15:18-20a - But the things that come out of the mouth come from the heart, and these make a man 'unclean.' For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander. These are what make a man 'unclean'

To sum everything up in a sentence, I would say 'Because there is a God, we should take care to learn about Him; it should matter to us because He can tell us the truth about who we are and what we're doing here.'

...hoping someone has a question. I'll wait a little before I post another. =3
You only get one shot at life. Follow your heart.
Phoenix Flame is offline   Reply With Quote