Thread: Chapter 1
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 11:31 PM   #25

rissole25
Highwind Captain

Re: Chapter 1

"There she is" yelled Clief. "In the middle of the lake"

And he was right. Nari was swimming around in circles in the center of the lake.

"Nari", yelled Jayden. "You should get out of the lake".

"WHAT", screamed Nari, not hearing Jayden.

Jayden sighed and yelled even louder then before. "I SAID THA....."

A loud deep noise surrounded the air.

"What was that", said Jayden.

"It's an Adamantoise", said Clief. "They sleep at the bottom of lakes for a number of months".

"Like Hibernating", asked Jayden.

"Yes", answered Clief, "If there disturbed while Hibernating, they become ferocious".

Jaydens was shocked. They would have to get all there equipment and leave their campsite. If they stayed, there was a chance the Adamantoise would find them and attack them.

"NARI", screamed Jayden. "GET OUT OF THE LAKE NOW". But Nari was already swimming towards them before Jayden even spoke.

The Adamantoise cried again. This time it sounded louder.

"I'll go get our equipment ready", said Clief.

The two men nodded heads before Clief went back to retrieve their equipment.

Jayden turned back to see how far Nari was from the bank. She was about a quarter of the way now. But that wasn't the problem. Ripples of water were coming from the center of the lake and there was a Dark Shadow there as well.

Nari was at the bank now. Jayden helped her up.

"Wait", said Nari. "I still have to get dressed".

"Okay", said Jayden anxiously, "But hurry up".

Nari quickly ran over to her clothes to get dressed while Jayden kept an eye on the dark shadow.

"Okay", said Nari, now fully clothed. "I'm ready".

The two went to run back to the campsite when they heard a loud splashing sound.

They turned around to see water flying through the air. When the water disappeared, they saw the silouhette of a giant tortoise.

"Lets go", said Jayden.

When they got back to camp, everything was in 3 sacks. The fire was out as well.

"Here, said Clief, tossing Nari and Jayden the respective sacks.

"Okay, said Clief. "We should get outta he...."

A loud crashing sound came from the lake. It started getting closer.

"No time", said Nari. "We fight it".

Nari got out her daggers and was ready to strike any moment. Clief followed by getting out his steel sword, but was ready to grab the Crystal Sword in case he needed it. Finally, Jayden got his bow out, ready to release a flurry of arrows.

The Adamantoise crashed through the trees. Its shell was a greenish-bluish colour while its skin was a pale yellow.

Jayden released 6 arrows in quick succession. They all hit its shell but splinterred or bounced when it came in contact.

They were shocked, but had no time to react to it. The Adamantoise lunged forward. They all dodged it. Nari took the chance to jump on its back. She thrusted one of her daggers into the shell. The Dagger bounced off it with such force that Nari fell of the Adamantoise.

The Adamantoise noticed Nari on the ground. It raised its front legs so it could stomp her. Clief ran up to it and made a quick slash at its stomach. The creature cried and fell on its side.

"Of course", said Clief. "We have to strike its skin to be able to hurt it.

Jayden helped Nari up while the Adamantoise got back up.

They all readied there weapons, ready to strike its skin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissole25 View Post
My 1000th post was about you Leon

Last edited by rissole25; 12-28-2009 at 11:36 PM.
rissole25 is offline   Reply With Quote