Thread: Cheating
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2006, 12:11 AM   #19

Arkacia
Gunblade Expert

Re: Cheating

I'm over 20, and don't believe there is any excuse for cheating on someone whom you profess to love and who trusts you. It is really the ultimate betrayal. This is serious relationships though. The teen tryout type things will involve cheating because those involved are young and learning how to handle relationships. Some young people learn faster and better than others. Immature boys, and girls, bouncing from one partner to the other rarely take the time to consider what their actions have on those they leave behind. While that isn't nice to the person hurt, it is part of the learning process and we've all been through it.

After leaving the teen years behind, I've never cheated on any guy I've been in a relationship with, but was cheated on once (that I know of), and immediatly dropped the guy like a hot brick when I found out. The anger and hurt was immense.

Really, once things cool to the point where eyes and thoughts start wandering, then it is time to pull the plug on the relationship. The hurt from breaking up is bad enough, but the hurt from a partner cheating is a 1000 times worse.

Glad to hear Reason realised what he'd done, and is now trying to repair the damage. Be aware though, that your girl will never totally trust you again, there will always be that speck of doubt in the back of her mind. This is the sort of betrayal that will never totally go away. I wish you luck rebuilding the relationship though, seems that old saying is true, you truly don't know what you have, until it is gone.