View Single Post
Old 03-02-2006, 06:21 PM   #30

Dark FFnut
Cactuar Thorn

Re: Chapter 4: Domination

((*chucks a Prinny at Seph, then dives for cover* Bad Seph. No cookie for you.))

The Netherrealms, The Year Infinity Minus One, Darkness

Still floating in the darkness, Variel began to ponder everything. "It... it was fate, wasn't it? The... the way I died... and I did the same to my host..." He drew a deep breath. "Magus... your death was my fault..."

Palis, The Last Year Of The Great War, Kain's Castle

Gadriel confronted Kain, the blade of Eithne in his hand. "Demon!" he cried. "Where is he? Show me the murderer!"

Kain laughed, drawing his silver sword. "Fool," he rasped. "You know not what you face. Your ignorance shall bring you into eternal repose."

A blast of electricity issued from Gadriel, lost in his own fury. It found the sword like... well, like a lightning bolt to a piece of metal. Kain dropped the sword, and it lost its cohesiveness, splattering on the floor. Drawing his lance, the demon charged. The blade of the gods brushed aside the demons weapon, but a blast of energy caught Gadriel and he fell backwards. Cackling, Kain raised his lance, pointing it directly at the man's chest.

"May the gods condemn you to eternal torture," spat Gadriel. Kain only smiled as he drove the point down.

And missed.

By the time Gadriel had figured out what was happening, Variel had already knocked Kain aside. The lance lay off to the side of the room, forgotten. A quick punch knocked the demon to the floor and left Variel panting. Gadriel rushed over to the body of the great demon, only to get slashed by the now-solid silver sword that Kain had managed to grab from the floor. Variel knocked the sword loose again, and shouted, "Gadriel! Now!"

Blood in his eyes and unable to differentiate between friend and foe, Gadriel fired a bolt of lightning, blasting one of the two battling figures onto his back.

A few seconds passed as Gadriel waited for Variel to assure him that the battle was won.

Instead of Variel's assurance, however, the only sound that reached his ears was Kain's cackle.

Gadriel let loose a second bolt, toppling the demon. This second blast had nowhere near the voltage of the one that felled Variel, unfortunately, and Gadriel knew it. "Kain... I swear... on my father's grave... on Variel's grave... that I will be the one who puts you into yours."

The lance, sword, and demon all vanished with those words, but the echoes of the cackle remained in the air. Blinking through the blood, sweat, and tears, Gadriel silently picked up Variel's body and carried him out.

The Netherrealms, The Year Infinity Minus One, Darkness

Tears fell from Variel's incorporeal face as he recalled those final moments. Filled with utmost sorrow, he shuddered. That's when he realized what was really wrong. "The binding spell is over... why haven't I gone on to the afterlife yet?"

Palis, The Year 0 Aikia, Kain's Castle

A small moth flapped out of the castle as hard as it could when Kani had begun his rampage. This moth, unbeknownst to anyone else, was Lavos Gamma, one of the only remaining Lavos Spawn in Palis. With Kain dead, Gamma had no protection from the other demons under Kani. Flying as quickly as he could, he attempted to get away as fast as possible.

CRUNCH.

He hadn't planned on Kani throwing Malice into the air at that moment, and Lavos Gamma met a rather abrupt end.

((Hey, we have too many villains to give them all a dignified death, right? And finally, my next post, I will take control of Glenn - I'm sure that Masa, Mune, and Doreen have been too quiet for anyone's tastes anyway.))

Perhaps it is impossible to grasp that answer now,
From deep within the flow of time...

But, for a certainty, back then,
We loved so many, yet hated so much,
We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
Whilst our laughter echoed,
Under cerulean skies...