View Single Post
Old 05-20-2007, 03:37 AM   #3

Phoenix Flame
Go Umbarbar do my bidding

Send a message via MSN to Phoenix Flame
Re: FFXII power-leveling guide!

Adventure: Getting some cool weapon(s)/armor/accessory(ies), harvesting items for t3h Ultima blade. Time frame: two time frames - one: after arriving back from the Barheim passage; two: after finding out about Raithwall's legacy - ie. the Dawn Shard.

After arriving back from the Nalbina dungeon, you can get two different/awesome items, the Hermes Sandles (auto-haste) and the Francisca axe. I'll begin with the axe:

Credit here goes to [email protected]. You can obtain a Francisca (+89
axe) from the Bazaar right now by selling off Wind Magicite x6, Malboro Fruit
x4, and Pointed Horn x2. Wind Magicites are dropped by Dive Talons in the
Westersand. Malboro Fruits are dropped by the Malboro Overkings in the [Garamsythe] sewers. Finally, Pointed Horns can be dropped by the Lizards in the sewers. The axe
costs 10350 gil. You can only get one of them, but it's a huge boost for where
you are in the game and doesn't take too long.

- Teh Hermes Sandles are simple to get as well. Complete the first 5 marks so you have access to some Gyshal Greens at the clan store in the marketplace in Rabanastre. Buy some (you need 33 of em for one; so if you want 3...) You'll need one more piece of loot to sell for the sandles: Arcana (x15.) If you have the Warmages monograph, and you've been chaining Dustias - like a sick little RPGer you are - you should have a pretty good stock of Arcanas now. Simply sell 33 Gyshal Greens and 15 Arcana and you've got one character w/auto-haste! = D!

----------------------------------------------NOTE---------------------------------------------------------------
While in Bhujerba, you'll have the option of doing the Nidhogg hunt - which nets you the GREAT SERPENTSKIN loot!!! DO NOT SELL THIS! This item is important in the 'Patient in the Desert' sidequest in the Estersand - which nets you the Barheim key. If you sell this item, you will have to wait longer to get some really 1337 weapons and armor, (including the Zodiac Escutcheon) a new Esper, and some really good loot for later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next, after you have your party, (minus Penelo) and find out about the Dawn Shard, you have access into the Nam and Ogir-yensa Sandsea areas, as well as a new entrance to the Zernithian caverns. A few notables about this area:
- Shielded Armor - available by theivery of rare monster Imdugud in the Withering Shores area of the Nam-Yensa Sandsea. This is precisely where you meet the Belito mark later-on in the game. Simply clear-out the area of enemies, wait in the circled area where you'd meet the Belito hunt for about 30 seconds or so, steal from Imdugud until you obtain the shielded armor, zone two zones out, rinse and repeat until you have three shielded armors. This is an awesome armor in that it applied auto-protect to your characters. NOTE: DO NOT KILL IMDUGUD UNTIL YOU HAVE OBTAINED THE 3 SETS OF ARMOR!!! Doing so will make you have to soft reset to get another set! Simply steal the armor, zone away two zones and come back to steal some moar! = D
- While in the caverns, Farm two Death Powders from one of the couple of areas that the Bogey spawns at. You may have to beat/chain quite a few of them - I was lucky and got two death powders in like,...5 minutes - but my first play-through it took me > 30 minutes to get two. You need them for the Ultima blade.
You only get one shot at life. Follow your heart.
Phoenix Flame is offline   Reply With Quote