View Single Post
Old 12-28-2005, 04:38 PM   #19

Phoenix Flame
Go Umbarbar do my bidding

Send a message via MSN to Phoenix Flame
Re: Tidus... the most annoying Hero?

Ok, I feel compelled to challenge a few ideas in this thread.

1) Tidus is annoying. Ok, I believe that, just like other heros, he has his moments. But if you look at what's going on in his life a> he has no idea where the hell he is or what this whole new world is even about, b> he's head over heels for Yuna - that's enough to get any man a little screwed up imo, and c> he's got an internal crisis going on with his father leaving him and living up to...no, surpassing his image as the #1 blitzer. I think that in spite of everything negative you seem to throw at him he holds up pretty well and get's #2 on my list for most awesome hero.
2) Rikku is SO annoying. Man, she's like 16! I suppose no one else can relate to being scared of cliffs, tarantulas, lightning, or any other phobias huh? Besides, she's kinda cute for a polygon-clad character
3) Cloud was annoying because he had schitzophrenia (or whatever you want to call it.) - His identity crisis WAS, and remains to be, very confusing even after playing several hundreds of hours through the game. But I think that's another aspect to FFVII that makes it so great (and unforgettable!) I think you would be a little screwed up too if you a>had been injected w/Jenova cells and were weak, b> tried your hardest to get into soldier and be like sephiroth but ended up being a failure and hiding your face, or c> had Jenova whispering in you ear that your a frickin puppet w/no strings.

Try to lighten up and enjoy the storyline a little more would ya?
Phoenix Flame is offline   Reply With Quote